Gibson Brands Forums

New. Bass. Day.

heymisterk

One of the tragedies of my mom's cancer is that it has taken the use of her right hand. That means that, tragically, she can't play any of her instruments: piano, guitar, bass, hammered dulcimer. She gave me one of my most prized possessions: a '64 Epiphone Bard 12 string. Now, she gave me this:

2013-06-13_17-13-34_310_zps4b07d3bf.jpg

Based on the research I have been able to do, this Yamaha was MIJ in the early '80s. I remember she bought this bass at Elderly Instruments in the early '90s.

I re-strung her and plugged her in, and she sounds great, but I do need to buy a bass amp. Let the learning of a "Rain" or "Lucy in the Sky" commence! [thumbup]

Nice Bass! You moms taste in instruments is fantastic. That is a Yamaha BB. One of the nicer ones. Recently reintroduced.

Thanks, Searcy!

My mom knows almost nothing about musical instrument brands, and when I asked her why she bought this one, she gave me a line I remember always: "It fits me and it sounds good."

And there you have it.

post-290-1203337570.jpg

anthony_pic1.jpg

Straight up work horse. Fantastic rock and roll bass and you can still get used ones at unbelievable deals. I have a friend with a white fretless one that I have been trying to buy for years. Ain't happening...

Sorry to hear about your mother.

Very nice bass, and I tried to view your post yesterday, but nothing there.

The server here is screwing up pretty bad.

It happened to Izzy's drummers post too, nothing in the post when you click to view it.

I would like to pick up a bass to mess around with.

Waiting to see if PRS will be introducing an SE version before to long, as we have been bugging them about making one.

Archived