Gibson Brands Forums

First pix from SANSJAM

ol fred

Love Bob Birdwell's hatband and tie-dyed shirt!

Wish I could have been there this year. I can't believe it was as hot again this year as it was last year, when I thought I was going to croak out there.

Fred, you gotta move higher into the mountains. Our northern European friends would die of heat stroke at SANSJAM.

It's the end of an era.....

Love Bob Birdwell's hatband and tie-dyed shirt!

Wish I could have been there this year. I can't believe it was as hot again this year as it was last year, when I thought I was going to croak out there.

Fred, you gotta move higher into the mountains. Our northern European friends would die of heat stroke at SANSJAM.

It's the end of an era.....

Nick, the shirt is from the R&R HOF, a friend got it for me, (he lives near Cleveland).

The back says "If it's too loud, you're too old!"

The hat is from a long-ago visit to Mexico. I wore a "Indiana Jones" had to the sound check, and it was just too hot,

so I tried a light straw one......(was STILL too hot!).

We missed you.

sorry I missed out this year..... sounds like ol fred needs to change the name to Always Sweaty and Sweltering Jam ....but of course not sure the acronym would work.... heheheh!!! [flapper]

Yeah.... we missed you..... maybe we'll need to move this thing up into May!

Yeah.... we missed you..... maybe we'll need to move this thing up into May!

Not bad Stephen, We're looking for a new name since we're moving to Lotus. A$JAM has a certain ring to it.

Dottie would love it.

Edit: By the way y'all looks like my highest bidder on my 58 CW has changed his mind (least I haven't heard from him again.

Still open for bids $3000.00 min. you pay the freight.

SANSJAM??? Where does this take place??

At Ol Fred's Never Sweat Ranch, high in the hills of gold country east of San Francisco, CA. It's a legendary event, conceived by a legendary man (Ol Fred), and populated by giants of the Gibson Acoustic forum, including folks such as danvillrob (Bob Birdwell of the tie-died shirts, rainbow hatbands, and the late, great Peter Wheat and the Breadmen).

As far as I can tell, it is uncannily scheduled to take place on the hottest day of every year.

Rescue Ca...thats a new one on me. I see its up around Sacramento. I lived in Orange County for 14 years ('78-'92). Looks like a great time. After living in Scottsdale Az, for 4 years, I can pretty much take any heat. I played a gig in the dessert when it was 123 in the shade...and there was no shade. I prefer outdoor gigs. Rock on!!!

…............................................

I dreamt about Sansjam last night – it was nothing like the real thing, but more like a big tent or a party-cave close to the edge of a sea-cliff.

No doubt it was Sansjam though. Among the many people was Fred and a few other forumites, perhaps Nick and GG, but definitely DanvillRob, who delivered a splendid electric and absolutely naturalistic solo standing with his back against the wall.

The film went on for pretty long time and it was rather entertaining –

Yes, I went through the pictures before falling to sleep and yes I saw the colourful hatman there.

Thanks for posting, , , and for bringing a performing Danvill into my dreams ! , , , hehe. . .

…............................................

I dreamt about Sansjam last night – it was nothing like the real thing, but more like a big tent or a party-cave close to the edge of a sea-cliff.

No doubt it was Sansjam though. Among the many people was Fred and a few other forumites, perhaps Nick and GG, but definitely DanvillRob, who delivered a splendid electric and absolutely naturalistic solo standing with his back against the wall.

The film went on for pretty long time and it was rather entertaining –

Yes, I went through the pictures before falling to sleep and yes I saw the colourful hatman there.

Thanks for posting, , , and for bringing a performing Danvill into my dreams ! , , , hehe. . .

I want to know if my guitar was in tune, and whether I was singing in key?

You played a white guitar of an unknown brand and sounded very real. Kind of your own style.

In tune - sure.

Then it COULDN'T have been SANSJAM! My old Dove can stay in turn virtually forever...but I had to tune it 3 times during SANSJAM.... maybe bein' 108 degrees had something to do with it.

Wow! Now I know that SANSJAM is moving towards success...When folks start dreaming about it...especially someone like E-minor7 !!!

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes all.

SANSJAM 2013 was the last. Next year we're moving to a new location in Lotus, CA and the BIG stage. (only eight miles from the ranch). We're working on a new name, we basically will be replacing the now defunct American River Blues Festival. So far I'm kind of leaning towards Nodehoppers suggestion: instead of the Sometimes Annual Never Sweat Jam his name just has a certain ring.

The always sweaty and sweltering jam A$$JAM

Remember...if you belong to this forum (with one exception) you are always welcome on the stage here no matter what the name.

Kippis,

Fred

Archived