Gibson Brands Forums

I Waited Too Long.....

Rocky4

Bob Dylan, Wilco, and My Morning Jacket were to play at a local minor league ball park for $39. I was waiting to see what my chances of getting the day off were. Now, a sudden venue change and tickets jump to $65!. ugh...

Come to Cincinnatii's infamous Riverbend; sit in the rain and something close to the bleachers this Sat. night ....... for a small fortune!

Just costs too much anymore.

I don't suppose he is required to play anything but here is the published set-list for this tour:

Things Have Changed

Love Sick

High Water (For Charley Patton)

Soon After Midnight

Early Roman Kings

Tangled Up In Blue

Duquesne Whistle

She Belongs To Me

Beyond Here Lies Nothin'

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Blind Willie McTell

Simple Twist Of Fate

Summer Days

All Along The Watchtower

Ballad Of A Thin Man

Concerts are—and have been—too damn expensive. I am tired of paying top $ for "meh!" seats—or worse!

Back when Paul McCartney toured the U.S., for the first time since 1976, in 1989-1990, I dropped a small fortune to see him six times. Seats sucked, but it was Macca! My friends and I waited a long time to see a show we thought we'd never see.

I see bands/artists at small venues now. These have been some of the best concerts I've ever been to—where ticket price, proximity to the stage, and actual performance are concerned.

Bob Dylan, Wilco, and My Morning Jacket were to play at a local minor league ball park for $39. I was waiting to see what my chances of getting the day off were. Now, a sudden venue change and tickets jump to $65!. ugh...

I'd pay $65 for that show assuming I could get floor tickets

....so as I handed my ticket to the lady at the gate for the Umphrey's McGee show, ( a band that sadly gets zero respect here), she hands me my stub......AND A FREE TICKET FOR THE DYLAN SHOW!!!!!!!

sales must be iffy. I wouldn't be surprised to see it get cancelled...

....on another note, Umphrey's killed tonight. A mix of great originals, and guest Stanley Jordan helping out with a version of SRV's Lenny. The Beatles Lonely People, We Want The Umph, and somehow the encore morphed into Toto's Africa. No stupid "Hello Peoria, or other cliche rock band BS. Just 3 1/2 hours of fantastic music.

Archived