Gibson Brands Forums

Let it ice, let it ice, let it ice!!

zachd33

Wow' date=' and I've been wearing shorts and flip flops all day! Windows open - don't need the A/C or heat. Winter is the best part of Florida sometimes.[/quote']

I lived in Orlando for 3.5 years. It was my experience that this time of the year is the only time of the year that is tolerable. Miserable summers. Hotter then hell with the humidity stuck at 90% all the time. Orlando, that is. St. A is probably much nicer with the ocean breezes and such.

we lost electricity friday and most of today.

obviously it's back because i'm using a computer right now.

man, i wish this would've happened after christmas because then i would've been able to take pics of it with my (soon to be) digital camera.

Hey zach, i think i know exactly where you live... is it right off maysville?

we lost electricity friday and most of today.

obviously it's back because i'm using a computer right now.

man' date=' i wish this would've happened after christmas because then i would've been able to take pics of it with my (soon to be) digital camera.

Hey zach, i think i know exactly where you live... is it right off maysville?[/quote']

Nope Those pix were from my g-ma's house off layhmeyer, I live off rose in new haven....power is back on at my place now, time to jam once again!!

I lived in Orlando for 3.5 years. It was my experience that this time of the year is the only time of the year that is tolerable. Miserable summers. Hotter then hell with the humidity stuck at 90% all the time. Orlando' date=' that is. St. A is probably much nicer with the ocean breezes and such. [/quote']

St. Augie is definitely nicer than Orlando. Spring and Fall are great - lots of breezy and cool (that means 60's or 70's in the afternoon). Winter is generally wet, but we rarely actually freeze. Summer is, of course, brutal. The sea breeze helps keep in in the upper 80s generally - which is better than inland (Orlando, etc.) but still hot and extremely humid. We've actually had a very cool fall this year - 40's and 60's instead of 50's and 70's. (Rough, I know).

It's the usual 80 degrees here in Buffalo and I'm about ready to head out to the beach. Oh and by the way I've got a '59 Les Paul I'd like to unload for about $300 bucks!! Looks like we did better than most on this thread though. We got snow but the roads are clear, but we'll probably get a little more tomorrow. Ice is never really an issue up here. Before people starting bashing Buffalo I'd like to state that, contrary to popular belief, Buffalo is not even in the top 10 in terms of snow. I do love the four seasons up here. As John Fogerty puts it "If I had my way I'd shuffle off to Buffalo, sit by the lake and watch the world go by" (summers here are great too and we are pretty much the only place in the country where house prices are still going up!).

St. Augie is definitely nicer than Orlando. Spring and Fall are great - lots of breezy and cool (that means 60's or 70's in the afternoon). Winter is generally wet' date=' but we rarely actually freeze. Summer is, of course, brutal. The sea breeze helps keep in in the upper 80s generally - which is better than inland (Orlando, etc.) but still hot and extremely humid. We've actually had a very cool fall this year - 40's and 60's instead of 50's and 70's. (Rough, I know). [/quote']

Orlando, or anywhere in central Flk. for that matter is just a terrible place to be in the summer. Waaaaaayyyy too hot. They're in the center of the state so no natural ocean breeze to cool things out. Where I am and you are, we have that, so it's not as bad as it is in sweltering Orlando.

We got lucky here in Central Indiana. We got the ice' date=' but it only lasted a few hours and was melted off. We didn't lose electricity. [/quote']

Yeah, I'm in W. Lafayette and, while it is super cold today, the roads have been really cleared up and we didn't lose power at all. Thank God, it would've been horrible to celebrate the start of Christmas vacation with no electricity :x

Archived