Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Firebird Review -- Lets Rock

CoreyT

I watched this demo earlier today. I like the tones when they've got some overdrive or distortion switched on but clean I think it sounds too muffled. Cant deny that they are cool though, even if the £200 price difference between them isnt justified

Hmm... ok, apart from those two jokers being a couple of complete jerks... I've owned a Firebird for a few months and it is a superb guitar. The clean sound is not muffled as per the video, it's great. The neck is suberb, and you can play so high up the neck with the double cutaway. Very comfortable, and something out of the ordinary. Go and try one.

Hmm... ok, apart from those two jokers being a couple of complete jerks... I've owned a Firebird for a few months and it is a superb guitar. The clean sound is not muffled as per the video, it's great. The neck is suberb, and you can play so high up the neck with the double cutaway. Very comfortable, and something out of the ordinary. Go and try one.

Agreed!

This was a poor demo of a great guitar!

I own a Firebird V for quite a few years and love the neck too. Plus this guitar

is a real bluesmachine if played well and together with a good amp.

Just listen to some bird-plyers as Johnny Winter and others.

I'll be sure to test one out next time I see one. Most of the smaller stores near me dont stock them unfortunatly

Anyone interested what a Firebird sounds like,

listen to a great blues player by the name of CAL DAVID !

Or

LSKCD006.jpg

or

davemason-live.jpg

I listen to both fairly regularly, some great guitar sounds on both, minor hit or two on that first record there. The Mason record has Jim Kreiger(sp) as well, an early BCRich user.

rct

Indeed, rct - Allen Collins from Lynyrd Skynyrd used the Firebird exclusively up until some time in 1976, when he switched to the Explorer.

He had a very distinctive sound, which I love, and inspired me to buy one.

I've been looking for another one, admittedly not that hard, but still haven't run into anything. Even Philly Summer guitar show only had a few, and they were priced too close to new and I didn't feel like dickering. One of these days I'll run into the right one again.

How are the new t00nerz on the 2010 type FiberBirds? Anyone?

rct

Archived