Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone has tried these models?

awel

Hi,

I have sold my Musicman Luke III and I am thinking getting another Gibson, does anyone has tried these models?

ES-339 Trad Pro

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/Guitars/Guitars/Gibson-ES-339-Traditional-Pro-VS-Vintage-Sunburst-Exklusive/art-GIT0027862-000

and the Gary Moore Tribute

http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/Gibson-Les-Paul-Gary-Moore-Tribute-/art-GIT0027466-000

I wonder why they are so 'cheap' compared to the standard models

Thanks

Al

Hello Al!

As far as the Gary Moore Tribute is concerned, I wouldn't say it's cheap. That's an LP Studio basically...

The ES-339 is beautiful, and fairly priced model. I'd go for it! [thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

Hello Badbluesplayer!

Those prices are in Euros! A regular Studio at the same site is 995 Euros...Another 800 Euros for a brown case with a silk-screened "Gary Moore" signature doesn't seems so fair, or does it?

Cheers... Bence

I've seen the Gary Moore guitar advertised as a standard. But it clearly IS a studio. No body or neck binding. A studio at a standard price.

The Gary Moore is 1799€ and a Standard in Europe is 2299€, so it is not the same price at all.

The only 2 guitars I play and so I have kept are my Gibson Les Paul Custom and my Fender Strat Vintage HotRod 62, so I was even thinking of buying 2 guitars (as backup) instead of my Luke that I've sold; so I was thinking to get a Les Paul Studio and a Fender Strat US Std.

I am not sure I want to get other guitars than Les Paul and Strat, these are the best suited for me and my style. I have owned few years ago 7 electric guitars (2 Les Paul, 2 strat, 1 SG, 1 Ibanez S5170, 1 Robin USA) but at the end I had lost the pleasure to play because I was more concerned by which guitar I was about to play than what I will play.

The Custom and the Hotrod are the ones but by security, having a backup for both is perhaps a good idea.

Hello Al!

Yes, there is a huge difference between the price of a Studio and a Standard. This is due to the cost of the labour and the time it takes to apply the bindings.

But, the Gary Moore Tribute is almost twice as much as a regular Studio without any significant difference between the two, except for the figured top, which doesn't justifies the difference in price.

Cheers... Bence

Hello Al!

Yes, there is a huge difference between the price of a Studio and a Standard. This is due to the cost of the labour and the time it takes to apply the bindings.

But, the Gary Moore Tribute is almost twice as much as a regular Studio without any significant difference between the two, except for the figured top, which doesn't justifies the difference in price.

Cheers... Bence

So are you guys saying that Gibson are lying when they advertise it as a "Gary Moore Les Paul Standard" ?

it's semantics -- that is NOT a standard by the definition of a Les Paul Standard.

we can argue the point all day.. I am with Bence,, it's an over priced studio with Gary Moore's name attached to it.

if it floats yer boat, you buy it, if it don't you just move along.

For the same price, You can get a full-solid, caramel-burst Traditional!!! How close You can get to His guitar than that with a Gibson USA model?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional.aspx

Guys,

I know the differences between a Studio and a Standard, we are moving from the subject of my topic, I was asking if someone has tried one of these. I don't care about the signature, I mean every guitar player is unique (fingers, technics, personal experiences, ...) so trying to copy someone else tone ... sorry not for me :)

Archived