Gibson Brands Forums

Nick Lucas demo

JuanCarlosVejar

Hmph! Changes the melody and messes with the bridge. And that singing. More like caterwauling. The artist should listen to the song over and over and next time don't ruin a great classic! An embarrassing train wreck. Why do I click these things?

Hmph! Changes the melody and messes with the bridge. And that singing. More like caterwauling. The artist should listen to the song over and over and next time don't ruin a great classic! An embarrassing train wreck. Why do I click these things?

Sorry Jerry. I think you're really wrong about this one. I thought it was very good and I could listen to this guy perform all night.

I thought he was going to change tempo and sing My Girl in Chinese half-way through. Couldn't you find that demo, JC?

I dunno -- I kept getting distracted by the pickguard placement, so I didn't really HEAR the actual song.... [biggrin]

And I think the top is second growth south Alaska spruce, but it could be old growth British Columbia sitka too tho'.

Fred

I really liked it, Jerry! (my new friend from Oakland!).

Don't delete it.

It can be hard to sing and play anything tricky at the same time, so - you have.

The vocal was a good example of what I was talking about in a thread about singing in a video cam. You are unlikely to get that breathy vocal from a mic across the room from your mouth - like that you are hearing where you sit. Grab a Shure SM58! Mixer. Production team. Producer....that's the catch of a mic up close - we need someone to help.

BluesKing777.

I'm sure that there's room for two more chords in there somewhere.

Nah, three.... The train nearly derailed a couple of times too.

You see, accountants! Music is beyond accountants, so they keep score. How many times are you going to be rope-a-doped like this?

Perhaps this might be the right moment to recommend my 12 step correspondence course on how to transcend your inner accountant? The first step is admitting that you are an accountant.

Now according to your consistent position, if someone wants to go beyond 'polite applause' and get negative, they have to come up with a better version of the tune. So now in addition to playing dim-witted accountants you are going to make a run at hypocrites, I guess?

Run along. [laugh]

You see, accountants! Music is beyond accountants, so they keep score. How many times are you going to be rope-a-doped like this?

Perhaps this might be the right moment to recommend my 12 step correspondence course on how to transcend your inner accountant? The first step is admitting that you are an accountant.

Now according to your consistent position, if someone wants to go beyond 'polite applause' and get negative, they have to come up with a better version of the tune. So now in addition to playing dim-witted accountants you are going to make a run at hypocrites, I guess?

Run along. [laugh]

I don't spend enough time in elevators to learn that sort of 'tune'

:)

I don't spend enough time in elevators to learn that sort of 'tune'

:)

I see. No doubt it was just the accountant in you that made you click it. So you'll double down for dim-wit and hypocrite (not to mention philistine). I thought as much.

Run along. [laugh]

From an accounting point of view Jerry, you talk a good game, but the books don't match!!

If you want an honest critique of your songs I'll give you one... The clip (and other clips on your youtube page I viewed) showed a reasonable amount of jazz melody fretboard knowledge, but, and it is quite a bit but, it showed a lot of the knowledge and absolutely none of the swing, almost like you're performing at the top end of your skillset technically, but what you've demonstrated technically lacks in musicality in several places. As BBG hinted at too, I also found it horrendously boring and the vocals phrasing and voice in general were no great shakes, especially for someone firing bullets at others. In short, your arrogance on here is somewhat tripped up by the resonant mediocrity of your output. You need to go back and listen to some of your clips with 'truthful ears', Jerry. Put simply, they are not the pedestal you think they are. If I was a harsher critic I'd call it almost delusional in places but there's no need to personalise it when an abundance of evidence can be presented from the clip alone. It's almost bereft of fluidity. I can only assume you do know some of this given you removed a lot of your song posts over the last few days so I do believe there is hope for you, Jerry. Where's there's humility there's always hope... yours just needs a lot of work.

Also, Why cut your head out of a video where you're singing, is it the nose, Jerry? It isn't that bad, prominent yes, but I've seen worse.... Image could use an overhaul I suppose but we're all friends here, I'm not being cruel, I'm only trying to help. .

I see. No doubt it was just the accountant in you that made you click it. So you'll double down for dim-wit and hypocrite (not to mention philistine). I thought as much.

I clicked it because I was interested to hear a nick Lucas model.

No need to call me a dim-wit.

Or a philistine really. Those are personal attacks on someone who you know nothing of.

I merely made a comment about the amount of notes being played.

I've been bad. It is touching to see you kiddies unconsciously imitate me, pick up vocabulary items from my posts, etc. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I have been breaking my principle of not teaching students who insult me. To avoid any further temptation to toy with you I am putting you on my ignore list. Ah, it will nice to mute some of this noise. I get enough of it from the construction in Oakland.

All of your hand waving and purple protestations aside, I know from listening to your clips that both of you would give your left nut to be able to do half of what I was doing on that sloppy video I thought I had deleted. Just so you know I know.

Calling Gershwin elevator music and criticizing music because 'it has too many notes' - this is philistinism by definition.

Bye, accountants!

I've been bad. It is touching to see you kiddies unconsciously imitate me, pick up vocabulary items from my posts, etc. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I have been breaking my principle of not teaching students who insult me. To avoid any further temptation to toy with you I am putting you on my ignore list. Ah, it will nice to mute some of this noise. I get enough of it from the construction in Oakland.

All of your hand waving and purple protestations aside, I know from listening to your clips that both of you would give your left nut to be able to do half of what I was doing on that sloppy video I thought I had deleted. Just so you know I know.

Calling Gershwin elevator music and criticizing music because 'it has too many notes' - this is philistinism by definition.

Bye, accountants!

Do you have a drinking problem, Jerry? These seem like the rants of a man who's teetering on or just over the edge.. The narcissism is actually quite indicative of a person with a deep seated self-loathing. Very common in alkies according to my mate who's a clinical psychiatrist. Have you been sipping from the smelly bottle a bit much recently? or something else? marital breakdown or something. I mean I can clearly see from your videos your of adult age and this is really no way to conduct yourself in a normal situation... even in a situation of malcontent.

It could explain why you misundestood my earlier post, I was complimentary about the jazz melody fretboard knowledge you possess, I just said you were pretty rubbish at executing it and that it wasn't worthy of all the posturing and bullet firing you've been doing... I must confess, these recents blurts are not a good advert for you as a teacher Jerry, they really aren't. I hope you can find happiness and self acceptance somehow, I really do mate. Best regards, I genuinely hope you can make it through puberty without being too scarred.

I don't like when people (myself included) post about a particular guitar and the posts end up being attacks against people !

I posted this so others could hear/talk about the Nick Lucas . I respect everyone here . so I please ask to stop if you are not going to talk about the Nick Lucas . I know alot of guys really like some of the stuff I post and I do it for no other reason that to pass on the joy of a video or a link about some particular guitar with other gibson lovers .

JC

I don't like when people (myself included) post about a particular guitar and the posts end up being attacks against people !

I posted this so others could hear/talk about the Nick Lucas . I respect everyone here . so I please ask to stop if you are not going to talk about the Nick Lucas . I know alot of guys really like some of the stuff I post and I do it for no other reason that to pass on the joy of a video or a link about some particular guitar with other gibson lovers .

JC

JC....I hope you don't ever stop.... You have a knack for digging up some real good information and performances from time to time....I greatly appreciate your contribution to this forum, including the fact that you are a gentleman and always speak respectfully. Thanks.

JC....I hope you don't ever stop.... You have a knack for digging up some real good information and performances from time to time....I greatly appreciate your contribution to this forum, including the fact that you are a gentleman and always speak respectfully. Thanks.

thanks Bram ... you can be sure I will continue to do my best to find and share stuff that I think you and other folks here will like .

JC

Archived