Rabs

Kirk Douglas SG (no, not the actor :P)

$2498

Grade-A mahogany body with iconic double-horned design

Mahogany neck with slim, fast profile

Rosewood fingerboard with pearloid block inlays

Three '57 Classic humbucking pickups in the neck, middle and bridge positions

Grover keystone tuners with 14:1 ratio

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/Kirk-Douglas-SG.aspx

Splashkjhlhlhlhlh2_zps5b1fabc4.jpg

I know I should love this, and I love SG's.....but it's just not doing it for me, only in an aesthetic way though. In reality it probably roars like a beast, especially with that trio of 57's. [thumbup]

Yeah.. I don't really do gold hardware.. I think it would be better with chrome... But as you say THREE 57s, that's gotta be a beast :)

Coincidentally Rabs, only 25 are available to the UK.

And probably all pre-sold already :) Ive seen that happen many times.. models id love to try but never get the chance as they never actually hang in the shop.

Yeah.. I don't really do gold hardware.. I think it would be better with chrome... But as you say THREE 57s, that's gotta be a beast :)

Total beast! [biggrin] I agree though, chrome would look better, and that pick guard snags me.

Well, I just ordered one (and, had it confirmed, that it was "on it's way," to my dealers),

this PM. As I mentioned, in the SG section, I didn't even know who (musician) Kirk Douglas

is...I just liked this SG Custom. The Custom Shop models are way beyond my price range...

that is, what I "want" or "will" pay for one. This one, isn't! So, I decided...rather quickly,

to "pull the trigger!" [biggrin]

Will post photos, when it arrives...whever THAT might be. [thumbup]

CB

Finally a guitar player I've heard of that deserved a signature model captain kirk Douglas is a awesome all round player credit due to Gibson for going with someone who is still alive and still playing on a regular basis

Well, I just ordered one (and, had it confirmed, that it was "on it's way," to my dealers),

this PM. As I mentioned, in the SG section, I didn't even know who (musician) Kirk Douglas

is...I just liked this SG Custom. The Custom Shop models are way beyond my price range...

that is, what I "want" or "will" pay for one. This one, isn't! So, I decided...rather quickly,

to "pull the trigger!" [biggrin]

Well post photos, when it arrives...whever THAT might be. [thumbup]

CB

WOW lol.. :) good on you man.. lifes too short isn't it ;)

And of course there MUST be pics or it didn't happen :P

Finally a guitar player I've heard of that deserved a signature model captain kirk Douglas is a awesome all round player credit due to Gibson for going with someone who is still alive and still playing on a regular basis

+1

[thumbup]

P.

Yeah, I just wasn't familiar with "The Roots," and I never watch network TV,

so had never heard of, or seen Kirk play, on Jimmy Fallon, or anywhere else,

for that matter. But, It's nice he got a signature guitar, all the same! [thumbup]

CB

Yeah, I just wasn't familiar with "The Roots," and I never watch network TV,

so had never heard of, or seen Kirk play, on Jimmy Fallon, or anywhere else,

for that matter. But, It's nice he got a signature guitar, all the same! [thumbup]

CB

there best work is with Leonard Hubbard on bass that guy is one hell of a bassist

Honestly the only time I've ever seen gold hardware that I really cared for was on an 60's ebony 355 with lyre. Not my bag, but I'm not going to pick a fight with you for liking it :P

Hey, we all have our preferences! [biggrin] I don't like gold hardware, on Every guitar,

just certain ones. LP, SG Customs, and ES-345-355's, mostly. Oh, and my old

'66 Gretsch Country Gent! It's just a nice touch, on those particular guitars...

IMHO.

CB

I don't mind gold to be honest, although I prefer chrome. For me the KD SG needs a different pick guard colour, but that's a small quibble for what is basically a custom. My heart says maybe, my wife....well she is standing behind me with a meat mallet!! [laugh] So it's a pass this time.

I don't mind gold to be honest, although I prefer chrome. For me the KD SG needs a different pick guard colour, but that's a small quibble for what is basically a custom. My heart says maybe, my wife....well she is standing behind me with a meat mallet!! [laugh] So it's a pass this time.

LOL, wise move, "Grasshopper!" [thumbup] Yeah, who knows, I may change the pickguard color, myself???

Then again, maybe not. I'll see how it "grows" (or doesn't) on me, first. [biggrin]

CB

LOL, wise move, "Grasshopper!" [thumbup] Yeah, who knows, I may change the pickguard color, myself???

Then again, maybe not. I'll see how it "grows" (or doesn't) on me, first. [biggrin]

CB

Wives tsk! Still I'm still paying off for my Standard, once that's out of the way - who knows what will come along [thumbup] . I actually looked at this SG with clouded views in the first part, but after a bit more analysis, I actually could only think that the PG would be my only beef, and lets face it, it is his signature copy after all [smile].

Hello!

Despite of, I am not being an SG guy, I am very impressed with this model. For this price, with these features, this is a bulls-eye from Gibson. Make more of it! If I had the funds right now, I would immediately order one. [omg]

Cheers... Bence

I'm not sure why, but Gibson comes out with a model people clamor over then severely limit production of the model. The Jeff Tweedy SG is an obvious one. Amazing guitar at an affordable price with an awesome color and cool features like the natural neck and lyre, and it disappears as demand starts to shoot up. I'd still absolutely love to have one but they're going for more used now than their retail when they were new.

I'm not sure why, but Gibson comes out with a model people clamor over then severely limit production of the model. The Jeff Tweedy SG is an obvious one. Amazing guitar at an affordable price with an awesome color and cool features like the natural neck and lyre, and it disappears as demand starts to shoot up. I'd still absolutely love to have one but they're going for more used now than their retail when they were new.

Yeah, I missed the boat, on the Tweedy SG, too! [cursing] My dealer had one, but I didn't have any

funds, for another guitar, at the time! I don't now, either...really. BUT, having lost out, on the

Tweedy version, I decided WTH...I need to just "bite the bullet," and go for it, on this one! "The

Devil Made Me Do It!" [flapper] LOL [biggrin]

CB

Archived