Gibson Brands Forums

Is It Possible....?

Murph

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind a wee Sunday Roast myself.... very nice, if done nice.. not so great otherwise.

Well, regarding John Lennon, I'd say he was bigger than Jesus, if you buy into that jesus story stuff. Back then only a handful were wealthy enough to be fat, given that the comment was made once the beatles had conquered the US and Lennon was going through his phase it was statistically sound to assume he would have been a bit more stout and rotund than the son of a carpenter who lived in abject poverty and only done a few gigs before being banned by the town council and dealt with.

I don't mind a wee Sunday Roast myself.... very nice, if done nice.. not so great otherwise.

Well, regarding John Lennon, I'd say he was bigger than Jesus, if you buy into that jesus story stuff. Back then only a handful were wealthy enough to be fat, given that the comment was made once the beatles had conquered the US and Lennon was going through his phase it was statistically sound to assume he would have been a bit more stout and rotund than the son of a carpenter who lived in abject poverty and only done a few gigs before being banned by the town council and dealt with.

haha..thats more like it PM touche...

I go to a pub/restaurant for me dinner...spot on geezer !

bit of beef..slightly red...full works with veg..and a delicious gravy...mmm

I cannee wait like !

I nicked blindboygrunt from Dylan

Glad to hear that even though you live alone you still stick to the tradition of roasting herself a Sunday dinner del.

Or is there some poor woman that you take advantage of for food :P

Soz missed ya post there Stu..what with all the palaver comming from owld PM

see above post regarding where I get me sunday dinner

but i did ask a lovely young barmaid last night if she wanted to give me house a clean

she was up for it like [thumbup]

( I am looking a treat at the moment fella's..if I say so meself..not like me blowing my own trumet now is it..hehehehe xx)

But in that case Elvis (Aaron) was bigger than John. What does that make Fats Domino?

Note that at one stage the Biblical Aaron might have been as fat as his later Memphis namesake, what with all that manna to go at. Of course theologians disagree about the nutritional value of said food. We can all be certain, however, that it is not as calorific as a peanut butter, banana and bacon sarnie.

Soz missed ya post there Stu..what with all the palaver comming from owld PM

see above post regarding where I get me sunday dinner

but i did ask a lovely young barmaid last night if she wanted to give me house a clean

she was up for it like [thumbup]

( I am looking a treat at the moment fella's..if I say so meself..not like me blowing my own trumet now is it..hehehehe xx)

What, as in, she dusted your broom, Del?

What, as in, she dusted your broom, Del?

well to " dust your broom" means to leave..so you could say that yea

see saw me sitting on her hill top

summerskies_zps335287e4.jpg

enjoying the summer skies..and got a bit of a fright...on one of my scuffeir days you see..

shes over it now tho..I think shes gonna be my new maid..

hail the trumpets and Neil Young

" I was thinking i'd get a maid...ect ect "

Nice pic there Del, you look like a moviestar. The Bird (or the 35) would have fitted the scenery.

Lennon - good old Lennon. Sometimes one misses to hear from him. Almost always a little kick to find a new clip with the guy.

Actually did that yesterday - not too important, but a nice enough to see him relaxed. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENIbjyxAzZY

Nah, Dylan never did the moses sandals phase. I reckon a slightly heeled boot, not quite Russel Brand but not quite dad shoes from C&A.

I'm fairly sure bob must've had a pair during his Jesus phase.

I bet you have a pair or two parlourman.

What's on yer feet ? Sunday ,,, bound to be a pair of moccasin slippers?

Im sporting red gola trainers myself. Just for yer records

Head case ye

I'm fairly sure bob must've had a pair during his Jesus phase.

I bet you have a pair or two parlourman.

What's on yer feet ? Sunday ,,, bound to be a pair of moccasin slippers?

Im sporting red gola trainers myself. Just for yer records

Head case ye

Earlier I had a pair of ZX-800 reissue Adidas that I managed to find.. But I've now got a pair of Nike runners as I'm just back from running, then walking the mutts.

To my absolute credit I do not own a pair of slippers. Point blank refuse.

Have a couple of pairs of old skool Gola myself ;)

You'll love this one though, a mate is at London fashion week and sent me a pic of these tidy blue suede shoes, not gaudy Elvis jobs, tidy. Based on the pic I've said yes and agreed to take them so in about a week or 10 days I should own a pair of blue suede shoes to add to the collection. Uh huh huh... I may have to start calling people 'pretty moma'

HA

well dinner was not the best beef they have evr cooked..

5 mins overdone..well what can ya do !

Footwear PM

A fine pair of walking boots of course...leather/gortex...no messing here me friend.....but

BBG...I have a pair of hand made leather moccasins ..i wear them for the beach...for the bedroom and for the craic

good tidings to all...

OH and by the way

Bob never owned a pair of sandeles in his life...theres time yet of course

pah

Nice pic there Del, you look like a moviestar. The Bird (or the 35) would have fitted the scenery.

Lennon - good old Lennon. Sometimes one misses to hear from him. Almost always a little kick to find a new clip with the guy.

Actually did that yesterday - not too important, but a nice enough to see him relaxed. . .

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ENIbjyxAzZY

Nice clip Eminor 7... thanks for that..and thanks for kind words

BTW

ya spot on on your observation of John.....like he says at the end.

" I'm happy NOW..and thats what's important "

cheers mate

Murph.....I'm sure those little aches and pains, will each remind you of some crazy thing you did, and bring a smile to your face.....this is the ONE good thing about getting old...memories, and the wisdom they impart...

True, dat.....

Archived