Gibson Brands Forums

Carvin X100B tube amp demo with Steve Fister

CoreyT

Mine was black tolex, the carpet covering didn't come out until the 90's.

It was a high gain amp, I for sure would not class it with AC30 or any amp like that.

This was an amp made to shred, twice (or more) gain on tap than a Marshall JCM800 2203 which was what most guys (and eventually me) were playing around Atlanta back then.

I loved it - it has its own tone, so I guess it's one of those sounds you either really like or don't.

post-14968-000105600 1379699285_thumb.jpg

It was a high gain amp, I for sure would not class it with AC30 or any amp like that.

This was an amp made to shred, twice (or more) gain on tap than a Marshall JCM800 2203 which was what most guys (and eventually me) were playing around Atlanta back then.

I loved it - it has its own tone, so I guess it's one of those sounds you either really like or don't.

Yeah it's not that it's a bad amp or anything, it's just not right for me. If I was trying to shred it up then the dirty channel would definitely make me really happy.

I was always trying to get that "clean turned up till its dirty" sound out of it which is just not reasonable to get out of an amp like this at volumes that I could use

I've always really loved the clean sounds that my buddy got with his Strat out of it.

Yeah it's not that it's a bad amp or anything, it's just not right for me. If I was trying to shred it up then the dirty channel would definitely make me really happy.

I was always trying to get that "clean turned up till its dirty" sound out of it which is just not reasonable to get out of an amp like this at volumes that I could use

My favorite sounds from this amp are when my friend would play his Strat through it with flats and the tone knob rolled off. The cleans can be really deep and nice

Archived