Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Epiphone ´95 Riviera !

gypsyseven

The Riviera just arrived and i´m blown away! It´s a Peerless madin February 1995 and looks and plays amazing!!!!!!!!!

It even came with the often missing "€" for the pickguard!

wiyw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

62k.JPG

ocbi.jpg

d1n0.jpg

rwk0.jpg

Wow, that burst is beautiful! It looks very clean, good find I must say. How do you like the pickups?

HNGD!

Thanks man! Yeah, the burst looks great! It´s called VCSB - vintage cherry sunburst.Fender would call it 3 tone sunburst...

The pickups sound very nice and nothing like i was used from newer MIC Epiphone guitars!

To be honest the Riviera sounds, feels and plays like a vintage guitar.Don´t really know how to explain...probably it´s mojo or voodoo!

However, i can´t wait to play it through my DRRI in the next days when i get to the bandroom...

Very nice! Where'd you end up finding it? I don't see too many Riviera's in sunburst.

Somethings like craiglist...I saw after it was listed for like 30 min. Just contacted the seller, asked for his best price and bought it.

Yeah, it was probably the first one in sunburst i found for sale in Germany for years! Just can remember one 2 years ago...

Archived