Gibson Brands Forums

Guess what's on the menu for today?

Riffster

Dad-burn-it Paw (Hoss's quote from the Bonanza show). It wasn't enough to have to start roasting that little porker, but I see ya got's probes a shock'n him in the behind too!!! That's just too much for me to bear. [cursing] I guess he must be like'n it cuz he has a big smile on his face. [confused]

Oh ya, BTW, when do I need to bring my "BUN's" over there for a "sangwitch", hummmm? Looks tasty!!

Aster

No prep, my buddy bought it ready to toss on the smoker, just the occasional spray with apple vinagre so the skin does not burn.

We are using hickory this year. Cooking between 215 and 250 f degrees until it's done.

Love this wireless thermostat.

9A161C57-7AD8-4002-97B1-85E50BF480BC-7951-00000B636E28BC14_zps7e0a610c.jpg

113867AD-3C99-4DC7-A155-B0E84CECDC33-7951-00000B61133A327D_zps2d0f7f10.jpg

FAF808A5-AB55-46F5-8054-AD885EC3F789-7951-00000B61C8EC867A_zps619a3db4.jpg

That's a hell of a smoker Rif!! Is it yours, borrowed, or rented?

A friend made a huge trailer (think it weights at least 1/2 ton or more) one that will smoke 35 pork shoulders/butts and keep the same amount in a warmer. He went out on the bike ride across Iowa "RAGBRAI" and sold sandwiches. It's like pulling a tank around but it's pretty cool looking/working.

I'd like to learn how to "pit" smoke foods like my Grandaddy did in Tenn. Hams, Bacon, shoulder/butt (they called that BBQ, never ribs). Loved it. He had a "smoke house" building about the size of a single car garage out in the country. The country hams were so excellent too, that & my Grandmothers biscuits, turnip greens, summer squash, & for desert, Blackberry cobbler! Tenn. 2 crust cobbler. Where's my dang key to my time machine. I'm outta here!!!! [love]

Aster

This is a yearly event, 10th anniversary this year. I help my buddy with the pig every time, he used to rent smokers but for the last couple of years we have used this one which belongs to his neighbor.

This was hard work, but it is a lot of fun at the same time.

Archived