Gibson Brands Forums

My Epi wall

JasonG

LOVE the gold top. Im getting an Epi Broadway in a few weeks, but a gold top is on my short list!

Now that is a tasty wall display! Love the black Kat. [thumbup]

Sorry for the picture quality, but here is my humble little epi wall.

DSC_0012_zpsa4e68c6d.jpg

I really like the 339. At first I was thinking swapping the pickups but then I grew to really like them.

Nice! I picked on of those up at Guitar Center and started messing around on it and it was good but it's didn't really do anything "special" to me.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sorrento is the newest so I tend to grab that one first! I really enjoy the 339 and the Kat is used when I want more grit. The SG gets used the least, which is a shame because the Duncan P-rail is a sweet pickup. I also have a Composite Acoustics Blade which probably gets equal play time with the Sorrento! I keep them all on the wall and on stands as my house has a constant humidifier in the HVAC so my den is always the perfect humidity!

Very nice, Jason. I don't know which to reach for first- how do you choose [biggrin]... I only usually have one out of its case...

Until recently my 339 and Wildkat shared the same 339 case. the Kat fits PERFECTLY in the 339 case, like a glove. I recently came across a Gibson 339 case really cheap, so now the 339 gets the Gibby case and the Kat takes the Epi 339 case. As you can see in the photo, they are near identical in size. The Sorrento is HUGE in comparison, and being hollow body it is the lightest,

It was nice to be able to see a ES 339 next to a Wildkat.

I own a Wildkat, myself, and have been curious with regards to the size of her compared to a 339.

Now I know.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Archived