Gibson Brands Forums

The pelham blue SG w/ Maestro arrived

crust

yep. After what Milo has expounded upon, looks like it's a "hit or miss" crap shoot with ordering a guitar online...funny though, after being on internet "guitar boards" for 10+ years, it seems like Epiphone/Gibson's break at the headstock "volute" area or the heel more than others...maybe. With the volume of units sold, maybe it just seems that way... hmmm [unsure][confused]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, no shower today. Driver picked up later in the afternoon, earlier today. So, all is off and gone. And yes, I've got my fingers crossed. [unsure]

I cross my fingers for you, too, and hope for some good news from you in that matter. [-o<

The guitar was packed in the truncated, triangular "Epiphone box", taped in place. That was then placed inside a rectangular cardboard shipping box with 25 feet of air cushion packaging "wadding" all around. So, it was double boxed. I triple boxed the return using the original 2 boxes, plus a bit larger 3rd box and used crumpled up newspaper packed tightly, some of the air cushion stuff and some "bubble wrap". I believe my return boxing is more protective than the original shipment was. [thumbup]

fingers crossed here too Crust....although it makes it kinda difficult to play.

I sometimes wonder if the Fed-Ex/UPS/USPS box handlers may have seen one too many "American Tourister" luggage commercials during their formative years (the '70s).

I remember the gorilla tossing the suitcase, jumping up & down on it, biting it...

"Savage baggage handlers....angry claim-check clerks...no problem if you use American Tourister".

[lol]

the replacement has been shipped eusa_pray.gif

Hey crust , i just recivered my second one from Zzounds the first one came with a bad finish .I sent it back last Friday and received my great one this morning I will put some pictures up .

Hey crust , i just recivered my second one from Zzounds the first one came with a bad finish .I sent it back last Friday and received my great one this morning I will put some pictures up .

Dig it [thumbup]

It kind of funny in a sad way. When I got the guitar, tuned it up...ya, the strings were a little high off the fret board...hmmm, check the bridge, looks OK...hmmm..ok Oh S**t, this guitar needs more than a bridge height adjustment :( ](*,)[mad][bored][crying][unsure] <_< [cursing]

I think I really did make those "faces" lol

It kind of funny in a sad way. When I got the guitar, tuned it up...ya, the strings were a little high off the fret board...hmmm, check the bridge, looks OK...hmmm..ok Oh S**t, this guitar needs more than a bridge height adjustment :( ](*,)[mad][bored][crying][unsure]dry.gif[cursing]

I think I really did make those "faces" lol

Hey i had the same thing with my P93 it took three guitars to get a nice one first one broke at the neck . I have learn to not get attached to the guitar until its what i want .

Hey i had the same thing with my P93 it took three guitars to get a nice one first one broke at the neck . I have learn to not get attached to the guitar until its what i want .

Well...that sucks...but you did eventually get a good one. I wonder how many others would stick with it until the 3rd one [cool] I did get in touch with Sam Ash today and reordered it, and a case. I waited for the refund conformation and to make sure the original one reached it's destination. I asked what they were going to do with the broken guitar, he said "send it back to Epiphone". So I wonder if those guitars marked "used" are somehow repaired, by an outside source for eventual resale after a proper repair ? Guy also said the particular guitar is "hard to get, kind of a rarity", but he did have another available [smile] . He also said he'd speak with the warehouse manager about better packing and "triple boxing" it. He said it would not be shipped inside the case... So..hopefully it will be here next week...the "pelham blue Epiphone SG with Maestro tailpiece saga" will continue.

Well, the FEDEX truck dropped off the second Pelham Blue Epiphone SG with Maestro tremolo tail piece. To say the least, and excuse my French, but I am quite pissed. Here are some pictures. The replacement guitar has a very similar defect as the first one I received...Would you buy this guitar with the cracks emanating from the neck joint corners out to the "horns" ? Although the damage does not seem to be as severe as the original, it is there, and this anomaly shows that the neck has been over stressed. Again, would you buy this guitar ? I believe this condition significantly reduces the value of this instrument. So, Sam Ash said this was the "last one" they had and that they are "hard to get". So my Epiphone brethren, what do you say ? ship it back ?(the joint itself seems solid, unlike the original one, on which the neck heel was actually pulled away from the body). I don't think Sam Ash online (the warehouse, I believe is in Tampa, Florida)has another one as this one was their "last". I will make another thread, maybe some "higher up" in the Epiphone organization will respond..who knows. I am sick at heart now. Bummer.

GEDC0191_zpsb3f45cd0.jpg

GEDC0182_zpsd86dd202.jpg

I have 12 Epiphone guitars...I play them all. I like Epiphone guitars...a good one is...well good lol..I am not "being funny" with these pics, this is how (both) guitars were received from Sam Ash and FEDEX. Sorry Epiphone..but, I do believe you must be made aware of the condition that these 2 formally fine instruments were received in. I hope they aren't coming from the Chinese factory, to your authorized distributors in this condition. Now I'm scratching my head... Oh well lol [thumbdn][biggrin]. Buyer beware

An added note, the guitar was only double boxed, as was #1. Looks like the warehouse manager wasn't that concerned. [glare]dry.gif[unsure]

guitar returned 12/23/2013

I am glad you sent it back . There are still some of them on line don't give up .

Archived