Gibson Brands Forums

Cousins!

lpfan

I few months ago I bought a Gibson Southern Jumbo after I heard a song my friend recorded. He used one on the song and I absolutely loved the sound he had in the song. Ever since I bought the SJ, I haven't touched any of my electrics. Then I had someone email about my Gibson R7 Goldtop. I wasn't going to get rid of it but they offered my a Gibson LP Standard Plus and a Gibson AJ. Both had great setups and the AJ had just been fitted with new pins and a nut. I thought my SJ was great but man, this AJ is amazing! I love it!

null_zps48b2c898.jpg

I agree. If you could only have two, those are the two. Congratulations!

I'm always reminded of some car show I used to watch where the guy reviewed the car and drove the snot out of it and at the end said "Do you NEED this car? No. Do you WANT this car? Oh yeah". I feel that way about guitars.

Rich

Thanks guys! I'm very blessed to have them. I wasn't even thinking of getting an AJ until this dude contacted me with his trade offer. I didn't think there would be a whole lot of difference between the SJ and AJ but as soon as I picked up the AJ I could tell. That is a bada$$ guitar! I loved my Goldtop but I will definitely get more enjoyment out of the AJ!

Wow - very convincing. I'd take Mister Right.

Anyone who remember that thread quite some time ago, where I claimed the AJ and the 45/SJ had different body shapes, , , and was proven wrong and ate my hat. . .

You got to admit it looks like it. . .

Archived