Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bender 4 Life

Info on 2014 Epi (New) Century amp

and i'm very interested in this amp as it's a real looker.

I see tubes in the "news release" photo, and 3 inputs (Bright/Normal/Dark) and i've perused Epis website and done a few online searches but can't seem to find any real specs on this amp.

c'mon...stop teasing me and tell me something meaningful about this tantalizing new amp !! [woot]

thanks for the info...and I mean THANKS !!!

now, how to get one in the US, because i've GOT to have 1 before they sell out/increase in price.

time for online shopping !!

I don't understand the ways that some products are rolled out. I wish they would wait until very close to the time of actual availability instead of releasing information, starting some preorders, building excitement and anticipation, then continually pushing back availability dates to the point that people start to get upset, then angry, then by the time the product is finally released - the excitement has waned, people cancelled preorders and moved on to something else. They seem to do themselves more harm than good when they announce new products then wait several months to a year to actually make them available to purchase. Crazy. [unsure]

I don't understand the ways that some products are rolled out. I wish they would wait until very close to the time of actual availability instead of releasing information, starting some preorders, building excitement and anticipation, then continually pushing back availability dates to the point that people start to get upset, then angry, then by the time the product is finally released - the excitement has waned, people cancelled preorders and moved on to something else. They seem to do themselves more harm than good when they announce new products then wait several months to a year to actually make them available to purchase. Crazy. [unsure]

ever seen a pack of hungry wolves eat after having raw meat waved in front of them for a few hours?

Got an email that these are in stock so just placed my order! Finally! We'll see if she sounds as good as she looks. Will post up photos & a review when it arrives. Hey - had to have an Epiphone amp to go with my Epiphone Les Paul [biggrin]

P_CenturyAmp1.jpg

IT'S IN DA HOUSE!

Here's the link to my photos:

http://www.rivercityrockets.com/ElectarCenturyAmp.html

I love this amp! It's a kick *** 20 watt tube powered gorgeous hunk of vintage inspired goodness that just arrived about an hour ago! You enjoy the photos - I'm going to go play her some more [thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

It looks good - and an interesting electronics design concept.

No reverb or trem, but some variation in the front end given the three plugs... Interesting.

m