Gibson Brands Forums

21st Birthday Today

krock

I think Izzy really hit it with the comment that the drinking age most of the time in the US has been 21 - so there's a tendency to use that day to overdo the booze - even if you've been drinking for years not so legally.

Me too, although since I started at noon, I wasn't interested in supper. And it's been a long, long time ago for me - but still close enough that I've never been much of one for that two-martini lunch.

EDIT: Oh - as for film - mostly Tri-X for me. Ethol UGF worked well up to 1600 and was better than others I tried for going up to 3200,

But... I had the advantage/disadvantage of a great big strobe and battery pack that wasn't bad to carry when you're young. I could shoot a car wreck and feather the flash so I could show an engine 20 yards/meters away and still get the car itself at 100 yards. You also could "paint" scenes in very dark conditions with the flash and that was great fun too.

m

Happy Birthday krock and many many more to ya!!!

One thing I did not do was go out and get drunk as I could drink at 18 (Iowa changed drinking age for a few years from 21 to 18). Didn't get drunk when I turned 18 either!! [flapper] They changed it back maybe 8-10 yrs later (maybe less can't remember) as too many problems from it.

Enjoy your day & the whole dang year too

Aster

I'll try to get the dates as close as possible it was a while ago.

I was born in August of 1959 and the drinking age in August 1977 was 18 so when I turned 18 in 1977 I was legal to drink (a bunch of us at nudie bars).Then in June 1980 the drinking age was changed to 21 years of age so it was now illegal for me to drink again till August in 1980 when I would be 21 yr's old.The idiots didnt even grandfather in anybody that might have been in my situation, so no legal drinking for me for 2 months.During the 2 months of not legaly old enough to drink some bars and some liquor stores let me slide if they new me.So I got to be the legal drinking age twice wow an extra coming of age celabration.But by the time I turned 21 it seemed like no big deal.Congrats to you on turning 21 just take it slow.

Thanks for the birthday wishes and sharing your stories. I ended having a few friends over for pre-drinks before going to one of the local pubs. They do £1 a pint on mondays. I cant remember how much I drank, every time I finished the row of drinks people had bought me it magically replenished itself. Strangely I woke up for 3 full cups of cold tea on my bedside table and I've no idea why I would have made so many, or how I got them up to my attic bedroom without spilling them all msp_mellow.gif

Thanks for the birthday wishes and sharing your stories. I ended having a few friends over for pre-drinks before going to one of the local pubs. They do £1 a pint on mondays. I cant remember how much I drank, every time I finished the row of drinks people had bought me it magically replenished itself. Strangely I woke up for 3 full cups of cold tea on my bedside table and I've no idea why I would have made so many, or how I got them up to my attic bedroom without spilling them all msp_mellow.gif

[scared] Seems you didn't spill even one, just didn't remember the first and later the two of the teas were already there [omg]

Guest Farnsbarns

I'm guessing there were three of you when you went to bed! Good effort!

Archived