Gibson Brands Forums

21st Birthday Today

krock

Guest Farnsbarns

Hello all, its my 21st today and I was just wondering what you guys all did for yours. Everyone has awesome stories but there is rarely a thread to share them

Congrats on making it this far! And happy birthday!

On mine I drank 21 depth charges in 12 hours. It was bad, don't do that.

Many Happy Returns of the Day!

[thumbup]

I had a very simple and relatively quiet evening out in a small upstairs room of a bar in Edinburgh's Cockburn Street with my girlfriend and just a handful of my closest friends.

I've never been one for large groups and overly noisy parties.

P.

I'm envious. I spent all the years before 21 looking forward to being 21, and in my 39 years since then, looking back thinking what a great year it was. The years from 21 to 27 were the best years of my life, and if I could relive them just as they were, I would, although I might have taken guitar playing a little more seriously. Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday Krock.

21, wow, it seems like yesterday and also so very long ago.

I don't remember what I did for my 21st. Must have been a good one.

I usually get together with my wife and a few friends and play a round of golf and have a big ole BBQ. My birthday is in June.

Happy Birthday Krock,,

Enjoy it young feller.

I don't remember what I did for mine either,, probably something illicit no doubt ;) lol..

Like Zigzag said,, those years were for sure some of the best years of my life. And like him, I wouldn't change anything it did.

Enjoy these years brother,, in a couple of blinks you will be old and crotchity like the many of us.. lol

Have fun.

Happy Birthday Krock [thumbup]

By the time I turned 21, I had already consumed enough alcohol and been to enough bars "underage" so it really wasn't that big a deal. But a friend of mine did set up a limo and about 7 or 8 of us went out drinking and bar hopping. It was fun, but nothing too memorable went on.

Happy Birthday To You, Krock! [thumbup]

Enjoy your life as sustainable as you can. Well, sounds a bit strange perhaps, but at the age of 21 I started playing guitar.

THIS IS MY MOST SUSTAINABLE DECISION EVER! [biggrin]

As for celebrating my 21st, there were the three best friends of mine, I had bought a few bottles of Catholic mass wine, and the next morning we didn't have any problem but being unable to remember anything. Luckily I had taken some photographs, available light pictures using the expensive black and white, Estar AH based, very high speed Kodak 2475 Recording Film.

The wines approved by the Catholic church are so nice to drink that you just can't stop. They also contain lots of alcohol but just pure ethyl, no fusel alcohols and no methyl since they are pressed without peduncles, so there's no headache after that, no hangover next morning... [rolleyes]

The only thing I still remember is the name of that marvellous stuff: Portuguese Mass Wine "Superior" B)

Important Note: Beware of the Spanish Mass Wine "Inquisitor" - remember the saying "in vino veritas" [scared]

There has been a wine bearing this name indeed, and perhaps still is [blink]

Happy 21st and many more! [thumbup] It's been so long I honestly don't remember what I did, but I know that I was in the Army, working in a 24/7/365 comm center in the Pentagon, married, working two jobs (with the RARE day off on both at the same time), so I'm guessing I was working or sleeping. I'd like to think I've made up for that on numerous b'days since [flapper]

I had taken some photographs, available light pictures using the expensive black and white, Estar AH based, very high speed Kodak 2475 Recording Film....

Completely off-topic I know.....[blush]..... but I was a huge fan of 2475!

Grainy as Hell, of course, but it gave a unique 'texture' to the images and you could get images in situations that, otherwise, would remain as just 'memories'.

I also loved 2415 Technical Pan. That was a real PITA to process. And with a rating of just 6 ASA for pictorial work........

Anyhow; by now it's nearly 11pm so I expect Krock is just getting warmed up........

P.

Happy 21st ! I was dealing with a terrible sinus infection the week I turned 21. One of my best friends surprised me by flying home from Hawaii with a suitcase full of "refreshments". I was too sick to do anything. But 4 days later it was Hawaiian Punch & Vanilla Wafers for all !

Completely off-topic I know.....[blush]..... but I was a huge fan of 2475!

Grainy as Hell, of course, but it gave a unique 'texture' to the images and you could get images in situations that, otherwise, would remain as just 'memories'.

I also loved 2415 Technical Pan. That was a real PITA to process. And with a rating of just 6 ASA for pictorial work........

Anyhow; by now it's nearly 11pm so I expect Krock is just getting warmed up........

P.

For processing the 2475, I used the Tetenal one-shot developer Neofin Red, and pulled it up to 3200...3600 ASA. My standard high-speed film, however, was the Kodak Tri-X Pan which allowed for 1600 ASA without problems despite of being rated 400. Once I tried 3200 ASA in a pinch but the graining turned out to be worse than with the 2475 at the same speed, also fueled by the lack of contrast requiring grade 4 or 5 paper for blowing up...

This reminds me of the great film Blow Up, created my Michelangelo Antonioni in 1966, but that would be extremely out of topic here... ;)

Archived