Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar memory?

SteveFord

Ziggy...

Mitakuye Oyasin - all are related...

It's a matter of interconnectiveness.

But as everyone else when it comes to intangible expressions of one's cosmology, each of the "Sioux" folks may see its workings through different eyes.

On the other hand... one might also note that there likely is something scientific to the belief that the eating of buffalo or deer offers more active power in one's life rather more than the eating of boiled corn that has far less mobility and independence.

m

And Bonamassa..

According to Bonamassa, the thought of being in the same room with Gallagher's Strat, much less holding it, was overwhelming. "My head was head was rushing," he says. "Rory played a bunch of guitars in his time, but the '61 is the guitar. There is no other. When it came out of the gig bag, I was floored. There I was, looking at a piece of history."

"I got to spend a couple of hours with it before I went on stage. I changed the strings – probably the second time the strings have been changed since Rory died – plugged it in and started to play."

Bonamassa says that his body chemistry changed profoundly within seconds of playing the Strat. "Immediately I was in 'Rory mode,'" he states. "The pinch harmonics, the feel of the neck...there was big 'Wow!' factor. The thing is, this was a great guitar. If it belonged to Jerry Abrams from Peoria, Illinois, it'd still be a fantastic Strat. But it was Rory's guitar. The contours, the heel, the fretboard…you could really feel that he'd played it and made it his own."

Bonamassa performed with the Strat for his three opening numbers - a version of Gallagher's Cradle Rock, the original tune When The Fire Hits The Sea and a blazing take on Gary Moore's Midnight Blues. "I could've played the Strat all night, but I had to switch to a Les Paul for my other songs," he says. "And then Bernie Marsden came by to sit in with me. Unreal! He brought the '59 Les Paul that he wrote Here I Go Again on. It was like a guitar collector's dream on stage."

...Bonamassa says that his body chemistry changed profoundly within seconds of playing the Strat...

ERIC JOHNSON...CLEAN UP ON AISLE THREE...MR JOHNSON...AISLE THREE...

rct

I hate that when my body chemistry changes on such short notice!

Pete Townsend noted something similar with an old Strat that he purchased although he believed it was an ex-Buddy Holly instrument. At the end of the show he turned it into kindling because somebody in the front row yelled at him to smash it.

The paying customer isn't always right...

My now departed original '64 Strat was the famous ex-King Kong one.

"The contours; the fretboard; the bite-marks out of the body. I could really feel that he'd played it and made it almost unplayable."

Scan-110325-0013lo-res.jpg

[wink]

P.

My now departed original '64 Strat was the famous ex-King Kong one.

"The contours; the fretboard; the bite-marks out of the body. I could really feel that he'd played it and made it almost unplayable."

[wink]

P.

Good ole Kong,,, he had a special kind of mojo......

Archived