Gibson Brands Forums

1962 Sorrento reissue Natural in da house!!

poopcicle

Finally broke down and picked up a Sorrento reissue and I have to say out of the box played great and sounded so clear and pure! This is my first Mini Humbucker experience and I love it!! I will get some pics up soon as I have already dropped her off at the shop to get a bone nut and set up with 11's! Can't wait to have it back! Big thanks to Crust, He helped me choose between a 335 pro and the Sorrento a few months back but his arguments for each were so solid I have both!!! [thumbup]

Finally broke down and picked up a Sorrento reissue and I have to say out of the box played great and sounded so clear and pure! This is my first Mini Humbucker experience and I love it!! I will get some pics up soon as I have already dropped her off at the shop to get a bone nut and set up with 11's! Can't wait to have it back! Big thanks to Crust, He helped me choose between a 335 pro and the Sorrento a few months back but his arguments for each were so solid I have both!!! [thumbup]

Those Sorrento's look really cool. If I were to do a hollow body…

I did'n realize they had mini hums in them! That is really intriguing.

I think so much of my mini's that you could not take mine with a gun to my head.

We expect a full report and pictures sir! ;~)

jv

These are really excellent reproductionsmsp_thumbup.gif This guitar brings me back to "the day", like in...remember the day....you played that cool old Epiphonemsp_biggrin.gif...lolmsp_smile.gif

Definitely a nice repro of a Kalamazoo hollowbody, at a nice price.

I had a 60s Gibby Es-125 non-cutaway thinline that I sold last year, and I prefer the features and feel of my Olive Sorrento much more.

I don't believe Epiphone guitars will be truly collectible big $ guitars, but if any are, I suppose these Sorrento reissues are as good as any other guitar to collect. Limited editions of both colored top surfaces makes these guitars kind of a rarity. And they sound and "play" (to me) really nice. And to top it all off, they look cool toomsp_thumbup.gifmsp_biggrin.gifI was playing the ES-335 Pro earlier too, just cant get enough Epiphone electric guitars lolmsp_laugh.gifsmile.gif I'm really hankering for a white Emperor Swingster Royal. oh oh, gas again....dry.gifmsp_unsure.gifmsp_mellow.gif

oops, my bad.....but long sigs with a lotta bright colors make me want to flop on the floor so I usually don't read them........

Lol Bender, sry my sig causes seizures! Natural is also stated in the title ! [thumbup]

Sleeko pics will be up as soon as its back from the shop!

• 3 weeks later...

Great pics!! man.....i should have not read this thread..hahaha....Ive been itching for one of these for almost a year...but what did i do,,,,when and bought an Epi Dot.. Was ok, the honeymoon wore off, then got an EPI SG. ITs fine too. But, never head over heels over either guitar. Now, 6 months or so later, I see this post, and brought me back to the guitar I REALLY wanted to get. Im starting to see them pop up used on ebay/craigslist now. I tried one out in guitar center last year. I couldnt believe how LOUD it was acoustically. When I tried a different one out few weeks later in a different Guitar Center....it just wouldnt stay in tune for nothing!!...maybe was a dud...I dont know. So, thats what turned me away towards the DOT. Any issues with keeping these in tune. THis will definately be my next purchase!

Great pics!! man.....i should have not read this thread..hahaha....Ive been itching for one of these for almost a year...but what did i do,,,,when and bought an Epi Dot.. Was ok, the honeymoon wore off, then got an EPI SG. ITs fine too. But, never head over heels over either guitar. Now, 6 months or so later, I see this post, and brought me back to the guitar I REALLY wanted to get. Im starting to see them pop up used on ebay/craigslist now. I tried one out in guitar center last year. I couldnt believe how LOUD it was acoustically. When I tried a different one out few weeks later in a different Guitar Center....it just wouldnt stay in tune for nothing!!...maybe was a dud...I dont know. So, thats what turned me away towards the DOT. Any issues with keeping these in tune. THis will definately be my next purchase!

Mine took about 1,5 weeks to settle in and stay in tune. It had me worried for a bit, but that issue was gone quickly enough. I posted a full review over at TDPRI with pics & sound clips when I got it.

I concur, they're loud loud acoustically. Mine has a 15 second ( I measured it :) ) sustain. It tunes rock solid. I'm currently bending it to pieces on Clapton/Cream stuff and it doesn't budge. I also do flamenco rumba on it and the pickguard gets loose :) from all the golpes, but the tuning doesn't :)

Fab guitar.

I concur, they're loud loud acoustically. Mine has a 15 second ( I measured it :) ) sustain. It tunes rock solid. I'm currently bending it to pieces on Clapton/Cream stuff and it doesn't budge. I also do flamenco rumba on it and the pickguard gets loose :) from all the golpes, but the tuning doesn't :)

Fab guitar.

Archived