Gibson Brands Forums

Going to see Sir Paul Tonight

jaxson50

What a great show! I have been having problem posting on the forum, I don't know why, but while I'm able I will post what I can.Sir Paul played for 3 hours! The stage production was the best I have ever seen, it is hard to imagine a 72 year old person doing what he did last night.Lovely Rita, Lady Madonna, Something, When I Saw Her Standing There, Let it Be, Helter Skelter, I Got a Feeling, Long and Winding Road, Live and Let Die, Back in the USSR, Yesterday, Blackbird, And I Love Her, and so many many others.It was just an astounding experience.I have been going to shows since 1965, the closest thing I have seen in high energy yet quality showmanship would be ELO and TSO, and neither of them has such a deep catalog of work to draw on. Honestly, he could have played another three hours and not run out of material. His vocals were spot on, his guitar, bass and piano playing was top drawer. The Abbey Road jam was so damn great there was not one person sitting.Thank You Sir Paul for making our 30th anniversary the best night ever for us...There is only one Sir Paul, See him while you can.

[thumbup]

=D>

1407398931[/url]' post='1550103']

Doesn't he usually use his own backing vocals as a crutch...as he can't sing any more...That's how he fell foul in the Olympic ceremony [cursing]

You are mistaken, he used a voice looper on one song that was a solo. Maybe if you played as many shows as he has, you too would make a mistake just once! I know that is unlikely.The greatest asset a critic has, is that he will never be held to the same level of perfection as his target.

Archived