Gibson Brands Forums

When the night comes fallin'

E-minor7

Yeah, quite strange - without speculating too far it could seem as if the royal burster had to sneeze during spray-time and therefore moved the can to close to the s-hole, why she/he had to make up for it. I picture him/her calling the floor-boss saying,

"hey, you tell us to once in a while give the models some individuality, I tried with a nite-burst".

And the boss goin',

"mmmm, someone out there will like it, but wait a couple of years before doin' that again. . "

I could live with it, but not as my main-45TV though, , , unless it sounds really, , , , DARK.

The tuners crack me up though.

Okay, so you dislike the classic white Gibson oval tuners, zomb.

It must be a leftover from the 60's when they were kind of 'low grade' (which I've learned here).

Guess you wouldn't want them on your cherryburst square shouldered 1969 J-45 either. . .

Okay, so you dislike the classic white Gibson oval tuners, zomb.

It must be a leftover from the 60's when they were kind of 'low grade' (which I've learned here).

Guess you wouldn't want them on your cherryburst square shouldered 1969 J-45 either. . .

I don't think it's the white buttons. It's the individual tuners, rather than three-on-a-plate, which was the traditional J-45 standard. ZW is a hide-bound traditionalist.

Blackburst singing in the dead of night - take this sunken sun and learn to fly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-J-45-TV-True-Vintage-/261615116539?pt=Chitarre_Acustiche&hash=item3ce979e0fb

I like it, but if you look from an audience point of view while someone is playing it, their right arm when playing covers nearly all the light bits and all they see is the dark, so perhaps it might as well be solid black?

Some of the very early L-00s had the 'small burst', I think they called it.

BluesKing777.

I don't think it's the white buttons. It's the individual tuners, rather than three-on-a-plate, which was the traditional J-45 standard. ZW is a hide-bound traditionalist.

I see, , , but I'm not sure - yea you might be right. .

I like it, but if you look from an audience point of view while someone is playing it, their right arm when playing covers nearly all the light bits and all they see is the dark, so perhaps it might as well be solid black?

But you'll get the light zone in blinks, which might be a feature in itself.

Never underestimate minor details during a show - nothing like a short coloured flash from the harp-stative reflecting the changing stage-lites. .

Nice angled script logo on this one, I don't know why they make them horizontal now...

Beautiful madi grain on fretboard and bridge.

Looks like an Adi topped early J45TV.

The burst is too small for my taste though, it would be cool on an AJ Reissue or OJ but not on a J45.

And the tuners should be 3 on a plate white buttons.

I think moving the pickguard to show more of the white rosette would bring some balance to that too dark top.

Archived