Gibson Brands Forums

EMO?!?

KSG_Standard

yes, i must add that most of the kids you see dressed that way aren't really "getting it". it is just a fashion thing. this has happened in every generation though. hippies, punks, whatever. it does seem to me that a lot of the "emo" kids are trying way too hard. a bunch of them are just doing what they think they "should" do and think to fit into the label. as for the whole gay end of it..... a lot are going that direction i think just b/c it's a boundary they are trying to break down. the problem is that they are doing it just for the sake of finding a boundary to break down, not because they actually are gay. they convince themselves of it. not all, but some. tattoos aren't as rebelious as they were. neither is long hair. piercings and being gay are the only ways they can think of to really push against the grain... so they do it just for that reason.

From what I've observed' date=' "emo" is the new "gay." Kids tend to throw the term around as a tease or insult without really knowing what they're saying. I think the term came about from the style of music - emo - where the lyrics are mainly a lot of whining by guys wearing black clothes and heavy eyeliner.

[/quote'] i am 14 years old and i would like to say that we really dont call alot of kids EMO! we still use the term gay. but to us ( the teenagers of america) gay does not me two people people from the same sex having a crush on one another it kinda means like your stupid or retarted. also to us ( the teenagers of america) we use the term emo as some one that cuts there self for the pleasure of the pain, this person is usually depressed. when an emo person cuts theirself it is usually on the wrist.

Well, how many good rebellious ideas are left? Elvis -->Beatles-->Hippies--> Rock&Rollers-->Punk Rock--> New Wave --> Metal--> Grunge....

I realize I probably forgot someone's favorite musical movement. Sorry, but really, the point is that rebellious kid's don't want our sh*t. They need to create their own. The overwrought emotional whining of emo music really clicks with some kids. Do I get it. No. But that's probably the point isn't it? Fortunately, they seem to get over it pretty quickly! This too shall pass.. [-o<

Look you throw them all in the moon and so all the ppl with aids. Or you can kill all the emo bands that will solve even more problems.

Imagine....a world without

Fallout Boy

My Chemical Romance

Bullet For My Valentine....

What a great world that would be

were i live there is tons of emo kids.

What makes up a emo kid?

1.Straight hair

2.Sister jeans

3.face jewlery

4.Tight fitting or abstract clothing

What do (the hard core emo kids) act like

1.They act very sad and hate rules and governing

2.They try to get attention in any form possible

3.at concerts they stand perfectly still

4.They have the tendency to change there image every so offten

My thoughts?

1.Most of them portray to these descriptions but they are people too, i wouldnt hate them. Its really just a phaze and they tend to grow out of it.

2.Kids are just trying to fit in with the crowds

3.we all fall short from the glory of god (thunder god that is):D/

Archived