Gibson Brands Forums

Neil Young and Old Black

Californiaman

My musical taste is a canvas of different artists.

Much of that canvas is painted with wide, sweeping sonic brush strokes by guys like Page, Townshend, Iommi and Neil Young.

I'll never forget the first time I heard Neil Young's "Hey Hey, My My," or the night I watched him up close and personal (leaning up against the stage directly in front of him) while he blew the audience away with "Like a Huricane." Talk about a sonic assault on your senses.

Often forgotten by many musicians is Young's '53 Custom Les Paul, Old Black. It's one very big reason for wanting to play guitar.

Snapshot2009-01-1310-50-58.jpg

Snapshot2009-01-1310-53-00.jpg

Neil Young

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?artist=1026&vid=146049

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obfci1CIqq8

I'm sorry, english is not my mother language and I had no formal education in english as well. Once in a while I create/misplace words and then I confuse in/or/at ...

=)

EDIT:

But, PLEASE, don't stop telling me when I'm wrong because I can actually learn with those mistakes.

Which word would fit there, man?

Hey G Slinger' date='

don't think that I'm trying to correct you in any way.

As a longtime writer, I appreciate a new word for my vocabulary.

Rock on![/quote']

I'm telling you, man. Typing things right is very important to me =)

Keep helping your brazilian mate, do you kennit?

Back to the topic: Neil Young is AMAZING. I'm gonna quote his gear tech: "He can hear everything... He knows when the rig is running at 117 volts intead of 120. He's know for busting me on that."

Ok, that's really NOT why Neil Young is awesome, but let me give him some credit for that too.

Archived