Gibson Brands Forums

The VOX story

daveinspain

Rabs posted a video about Marshall that I wanted to see but has been taken down because of copyright stuff... While trying to find the Marshall video I came across this video about Vox Amps... Very entertaining and has some amazing early Rock n Roll footage...

Rabs posted a video about Marshall that I wanted to see but has been taken down because of copyright stuff... While trying to find the Marshall video I came across this video about Vox Amps... Very entertaining and has some amazing early Rock n Roll footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQud4emaSek

Yes, Vox was right there and has a very storied history!

I love Vox amps!!!

Nice.. I will check that out later...

And if you have access to Iplayer (not sure anyone outside the UK can view it) its still online here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04c3l7j/play-it-loud-the-story-of-the-marshall-amp

Nice vid, very informative.

EL-84's with a simple volume knob, (and a few tone and reverb) running Class A is the bomb. This Blue Angel will run 2;6L6's, or 4;EL-84's, or the six power tubes combined.

I also ran a Peavey Classic 50 2;12 combo with EL-84's, but it had Peavey gain and wasn't (obviously) as sweet.

Only thing is, you are pretty darned loud by the time you hit the sweet spot.............

100_1618.jpg

Archived