Gibson Brands Forums

$5000 Hummingbird standard on eBay?

ServantOfGod

They're morons! I just purchased my 2014 in October for $2490. This included a 15% discount because where I bought it, October was "Guitar Month".

To recap for anyone who didn't see my intro post, we had some chilly weather here in Denver, humidity went to 22%, and I lost frets 9-13. The local luthier showed that the body sunk below the bridge due to dryness. Fortunately this particular guitar center has a 60 day in house replacement for any reason policy, and it was replaced with a brand new Hummingbird. I keep it in the hard case with gel packets now.

don't be surprised if this "Sold" guitar ends up in another auction in a few weeks -- by the same seller.

You're right - this could either be a fixed sale or a manic buyer driving all the way up, , , for then to back out when reality sinks in. .

The guitar was just recently on eBay without any takers:

ScreenShot2014-12-09at65027PM_zpsa2330a90.png

Looks like the only legit bidder was t***2, in at the starting bid amount, $1,999. OWF; clicking on the "show automatic bids" button on left side of bid history page shows the suspected shill bid by "9***9" made <90min after innocent t***2's bid, testing the honest bidder's max bid amount(?). Can't see why the ridiculous bids after that by the two high bidders. They only have a total of 16 eBay transactions total, between them. More than likely the winning bid will be retracted (hope so; the eBay seller & PayPal fees would be $545?!). Maybe the seller will extend a Second Chance Offer to the legitimate bidder. Or- returning soon to an eBay near you. Either way, this 'Bird smells fishy.

ScreenShot2014-12-09at64142PM_zps1779252a.png

Archived