Gibson Brands Forums

Daves Guitar dilema...

daveinspain

Well very happy ending after all... I didn't keep the Taylor 114ce. Instead I got a Taylor 214ce Deluxe... I was very happy with the 114 sound and playability, it's an excellent guitar for the money. Unplugged it's rich full sound will compete against the best of them. The only thing that sold me on trading it in for the 214 deluxe was the electronics. The deluxe is equipped with the new Expression System 2 which is far superior to the electronics of the 114 and 214. The deluxe has the new system, not to mention high gloss finish, Indian rosewood back and sides and ebony fret board and spruce top. I played a ton of guitars and probably drove the sales people crazy but in the end I am very happy with my final choice here are a couple stock pics. I 'll get some better shots when I get back to Spain...

Screenshot2015-01-13at72034PM_zps0bcc5f92.png

Screenshot2015-01-13at72105PM_zpsce9ecbdf.png

I bought a new 314CE LTD back in 2001. It was my main guitar for about 5 years while I was playing praise music and I about wore it out.

It sounded great plugged in and I enjoyed playing it..

I sold it for about what I paid for it. I told the guy that if he didn't like it I would buy it back for full price. It didn't come back.

Hope you enjoy it.

Archived