Gibson Brands Forums

Finally gave my LG-2 a Facelift

Gasman

Thanks Guys for all the likes! And Bluesboy your guard looks great. I am not really in the know about the Rubbery guards - I have yet to see one. I guess anyone that owns a American Eagle and wants to add a pickguard - can make it personal to their taste. Sal - added a 60's style guard that looks Great - some other owners called Gibson and they sent them a very cool Teardrop guard for free. I guess it just comes down too making your guitar Unique.msp_rolleyes.gif

Thanks Phil - Boy I wish I had a Great Family story to go along with that Picture - But sadly I don't. Appears to have been taken in the 50's - A Man and his Wife standing in the doorway of their home - The Husband (probely a working muscian) Holding on to his Trusty Telecaster. Saw that picture somewhere and kept it. I grew up in those years - so that picture reminds me of one of my Uncle's - though my Uncle never owned a Tele - He never strayed far from his guitar.

this thread has led in some interesting directions.

Gasman that's a good reason for your avatar,I am also from the same era.

OWF I love those GF-100's there the only cut away I like, that one has some character.

There was one at my luthiers once, kit my but for not seeing if it was for sale

Archived