Gibson Brands Forums

NGD. dark side. No Gibson . life is complete

blindboygrunt

I better go play my HD28v.

I was looking at a HD35 at Elderly's to check the specs the other day after reading about the one here and I looked again just now and it is sold!

Bad influence, BBG!

Enjoy ya NGD - that is a magic unit.

BluesKing777.

Are the bridge pins seated all the way? Looks like they are out a bit. Maybe it's a Martin thing.

FMA

I've seen several Martins, including my HD28V, with bridge pins like that. Seems like only on higher-end models. Bugged me at first, but now I don't even notice it. It's an easy fix to just sand down the pins if you want them to fit better but I never got around to it.

I've seen several Martins, including my HD28V, with bridge pins like that. Seems like only on higher-end models. Bugged me at first, but now I don't even notice it. It's an easy fix to just sand down the pins if you want them to fit better but I never got around to it.

They're bothering me .

Just spin them round and round between your fingers BK ?

They're bothering me .

Just spin them round and round between your fingers BK ?

Time and patience I dont have for filing bridge pins - keep filing, keep checking the new size in the hole, keep filing.....

Wait a few weeks and try changing strings - the moment of truth with them anyway. They are getting old, so a call to the famouse Mr Collosi for Martin pins.

BluesKing777.

Actually, it's a really easy fix. No need to file the bridge pins.

Just get a pair of nippers and cut off them ball thingys on the ends of the strings (the end opposite that pokey end that I'm always afraid's gonna get me in the eye one day).

So how is the missus taking to the new bundle of joy, BBG?

FMA

An HD-35 was my main axe from 1990 til 2003 and it not only sounded wonderful, it was a very nice playing guitar, easy to play fast. Actually about the 'fastest' playing long scale guitar I've owned.

Great guitar there.

Let's not talk about the missus .

Used the guitar last night at local gig.

Have to say I'm a very happy man. Feels like ive been playing this thing for years.

As stubee says, it's an easy thing to play. Whether it's the neck shape, or the set up , or both , I had a ball with it.

Most of you gave heard my caterwauling and know I'm no Stevie Ray Vaughn but for little runs or flurries it's very forgiving.

Life is good

It's an HD 35 wily.. The h being there for 'herringbone'.

The extra bass in the 35's comes from the fact that the three piece back gives enough strength to enable the top bracing to be thinner. 1/4" bracing compared to martins usual 5/16" .

And then on the HD models the bracing is also scalloped.

So there's a lotta bass.

Archived