Gibson Brands Forums

NGD. dark side. No Gibson . life is complete

blindboygrunt

And Ireland rejoices!

Beautiful guitar. Love the aged top.

Congratulations.

Now let's see the back, mate.[angry]

FMA

(While you're taking requests, I'd like to see a close-up of the saddle, taken from the lower bout upwards. Looks like some really detailed compensation going on there.)

Thanks very much guys for the messages.

It is indeed, as modoc spotted, an HD35.

Was shipping for a D35 and spied an ad on fleabay for this one at less money than folk wanted for their D35' , so I went for it. Turned it the guy was a proper gent and a professional musician. So the guitar is set up beautifully,(just over 2mm at the 12 th fret) as well as having a pickup fitted , as well as being pretty much pristine condition. Couldn't be happier.

It's a 2006 and yes full mental , the to has started to go yellow. Still some ways to go though.

Sorry there's no more pics yet but I'll sort that out once I get out of work today. I only got about an hour playing the thing, yesterday was a bad day to bring it home as i had a while list of things to do last night :(

I do have a pic of the saddle as requested though from the emails at the beginning of the workings of the deal.

More pics later and I'll try to get a sound sample. But I have a gig later so time will be short.

It'll not be long before you're all sick of hearing it

Gonna be a long day at work :-/

Screenshot_2015-06-10-07-55-53.png

Thanks very much guys for the messages.

It is indeed, as modoc spotted, an HD35.

Was shipping for a D35 and spied an ad on fleabay for this one at less money than folk wanted for their D35' , so I went for it. Turned it the guy was a proper gent and a professional musician. So the guitar is set up beautifully,(just over 2mm at the 12 th fret) as well as having a pickup fitted , as well as being pretty much pristine condition. Couldn't be happier.

It's a 2006 and yes full mental , the to has started to go yellow. Still some ways to go though.

Sorry there's no more pics yet but I'll sort that out once I get out of work today. I only got about an hour playing the thing, yesterday was a bad day to bring it home as i had a while list of things to do last night :(

I do have a pic of the saddle as requested though from the emails at the beginning of the workings of the deal.

More pics later and I'll try to get a sound sample. But I have a gig later so time will be short.

It'll not be long before you're all sick of hearing it

Gonna be a long day at work :-/

Screenshot_2015-06-10-07-55-53.png

That is a very special looking saddle - looks like a carving!

Love the herringbones!

Sound?

BluesKing777.

Saddle is very fancy isn't it.

Intonation is absolutely spot on and capoing last night right up to the 7th fret required no tuning adjustments at all. Don't know how those two things are linked or by how much. The frets are also lovely, very easy to slide up and down the fret board, extremely well set up guitar. So maybe the frets have as much to do with the capo tuning.

Sound ?

No shortage, you just look at the thing and it starts making a noise.

First G chord strummed from bottom to top put a big smile on my face.

Need a bit of time with it to play it properly.

When I first lifted it the neck felt weird , nut size is pretty close to the j45 but there is less widening of the fretboard heading up toward the body. But as I played it I found it was no problem to land on shapes up the neck. Perhaps 'easier' than the Gibson for me , considering I've only played the thing for a half hour and the Gibson for over three years :-/ . Time will tell on that one.

I feel sick boss , can I go home please?

Archived