Gibson Brands Forums

I've got my LP where I want it

Dave F

I had a Custom for a few years but did not care for the weight (10.6) and the color (Triburst)

I bought this standard a couple years ago. I like the relieved weight and color but did not care for the burst buckers and was considering selling it off.

I swapped out the pups for '57 Classics and added the Bigsby. Now it's a keeper.

78E9A6F9-1E77-40D2-ADE6-77F14005CB9F_zpst5zdgn8q.jpg

Nice modifications! '57s are some good pickups, and a Lester with a Bigsby looks killer. Definitely a keeper!

I trust you didn't have any issues with it fitting into the case, post-Bigsby? Do you have to fold the arm in? Next LP I'm getting will have one, and I'm quite keen on some of the 2016's.

It's weighing 9.4 with the Bigsby. Going off memory, I think it was 8.6 before.

sounds about right (about another lb.)

I did the same to my 95 Standard. those vibramates are the bomb if you want to add a bigsby and not have to modify anything.

Nice modifications! '57s are some good pickups, and a Lester with a Bigsby looks killer. Definitely a keeper!

I trust you didn't have any issues with it fitting into the case, post-Bigsby? Do you have to fold the arm in? Next LP I'm getting will have one, and I'm quite keen on some of the 2016's.

Hi Pesh, I'm being cheeky in replying to your question. I too have a Bigsby, although it's on my SG, I have the arm of the Bigsby at a position of '5 o clock' in order to close the lid of the guitar case.

kind regards, Emma :)

Hi Pesh, I'm being cheeky in replying to your question. I too have a Bigsby, although it's on my SG, I have the arm of the Bigsby at a position of '5 o clock' in order to close the lid of the guitar case.

kind regards, Emma :)

Ooh, cheeky interception, Emma! [flapper]

I figured that they probably were compatible with the cases in one position or another! Many thanks for the confirmation.

With the arm swung to the tail pin location everything works fine

I agree it's just a matter of taste. I'm afraid I'm stuck in the 50's and 60's and like a certain sound.

I can tell ya that every player that's seen my 95 after the mod (w/the bigsby) drools when they play it.

Maybe there's just a whole bunch of us who are nutty int he same fashion... :)

Archived