Gibson Brands Forums

Bob Dylan news

blindboygrunt

Looks exciting, but I'm afraid it's too massive for me.

Keep a collection of cassettes with outtakes and stuff in the old drawer, but my Dylan nerdyness peeked around the millennium.

Man we've been there, , , , and nowadays take Bob in very exact measured doses - to keep the thrill rolling of course. .

Then again I'd bid an alternative version of Desolation Row or fx Love Minus Zero welcome anytime.

Hep for the update ^

my Dylan nerdyness peeked around the millennium.

It was more like 1985 for me. [biggrin]

Back then, someone gave me a nice boxed set of cassette tapes that I believe were the first "official" release of the some of the early bootleg tapes. Nothing as extensive as this though, it was something like 6 cassettes IIRC. Have to go up in the attic and dig around one of these days to see if I still have them.

It was more like 1985 for me. [biggrin]

Back then, someone gave me a nice boxed set of cassette tapes that I believe were the first "official" release of the some of the early bootleg tapes. Nothing as extensive as this though, it was something like 6 cassettes IIRC. Have to go up in the attic and dig around one of these days to see if I still have them.

I remember the1985 release Biograph as a bit of a stunner. Think it might be worth taking the stairs up above for a revisit.

Thought it featured a different version of Meet Me In The Morning, but just found out I was wrong.

Here is one tho, , , never heard it before -

Previously unreleased 1974-take from the B-side of Duquesne Whistle 7'' single 2012 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18J_W4PBomE

My cannot get through the day without some Dylan period peaked in 1966. May have to do with the fact that I saw him at the Westchester County Theater in NY that year. But what a string of LPs culminating with "Blonde on Blonde."

My favorite recording though remains the Newport 1965 show. The reason? No way to get around it. Mike Bloomfield on guitar. As a bonus I also have the full Butterfield Blues Band set.

My favorite recording though remains the Newport 1965 show. The reason? No way to get around it. Mike Bloomfield on guitar. As a bonus I also have the full Butterfield Blues Band set.

Likewise! To both counts. [thumbup]

steve

I remember the1985 release Biograph as a bit of a stunner. Think it might be worth taking the stairs up above for a revisit.

Thought it featured a different version of Meet Me In The Morning, but just found out I was wrong.

Here is one tho, , , never heard it before -

Previously unreleased 1974-take from the B-side of Duquesne Whistle 7'' single 2012 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18J_W4PBomE

Thanks a lot for this. I love it when Dylan fingerpicks the guitar. Not a fan of when he just powerstrums the chords ad nauseum.

Archived