Gibson Brands Forums

J45 anniversary edition

blindboygrunt

Marks on the back of the neck. How does that happen , or how is that allowed to happen is more correct.

I would have to say that allowing the guitar to lay around in the back yard on pavement stones is probably how those marks happened.

But that's just a thought.

Beautiful guitar though, all in all!

And that is a good price, in my opinion.

Beautiful Guitar - yep. I think those bursts are pretty neat - they're usually subtly deep and multi-dimensional. Not like the flat fake flat graffitti looking attempts by other makers.

But the neck - would be a deal breaker for me - because I'd wonder how they happened. Did the physical force required to put all those gouges there transfer to the joint? There are even some on the headstock.

G'Luck! Might be a great buy!

Those marks may have been left by a capo or leaning the guitar against something. The back of the neck on my 1958 Tele was all marked up, the result of being leaned against amps for decades.

Other than that I could not get past the Banner with the block letter logo. But things like that and the burst of course, means nothing other than to the eye.

I'd have to actually see the guitar and feel those marks on the neck. Are they just marks from leaning the guitar against something, or are they deep scrapes and places where the finish is damaged? Aside from that, it really doesn't look that bad. Just going by the pics, I'd offer them half of what they're asking. The most they can do is say "no."

Oh I'm not in the market for anything..

Just posting for gossips sake

Let me put my dress on.

"...small wear marks on neck with the odd score here and there but nothing that noticeable."

Eye of the beholder, I guess. :) I have some marks on the back of my M-36's neck that I have no idea how originated. I have always blamed the capo, but I don't see how my capo could have done it. I could see trying to walk through a door and banging it... or a coffee table or... I don't know. Mine are nothing like those.

If I really liked a guitar, and the price was right, I wouldn't care much about even those marks, though. I'd be more worried about the nut width. And I agree the burst looks funny.

... And allow me to say, it is a lovely, lovely dress (and I just thought you were going for post count; not to worry, you're right on track for hitting 1000 by 18 Dec. ; ). And, yes, some folk are simply more talkative/type-ative than others). Carry on.

. . . . .

So- no surprise a used J-45 might command a higher price in the UK, but is £1,200 ($1,837 US) right for this guitar? "Nothing that noticeable". ? What would be "noticeable"? That which would cause gaping wounds to the hand? Would not even be surprised if there was a headstock repair in there somewhere.

Archived