Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: J200 Standard w/repaired neck

sbpark

Was offered a trade for a guitar I had for sale, but decided to keep the guitar I had for sale and asked what th seller wanted for the J200 Standard. It's a 2012, and unfortunately suffered a broken neck during shipping when the seller took delivery of it a while back (The shop eh bout it from apparently didn't tune it down prior to shipping and it arrived broken). He had it professionally repaired, t's a solid repair and sounds great. Will be taking it in soon for a full set up and once over. No way I could have ever got into a J200, so this was a great opportunity and the headstock repair doesn't bother me at all. Aside from the repair the guitar is absolutely flawless and sounds great.

IMG_3757_zpsqjd0dawa.jpg

IMG_3758_zpsjciuhk9i.jpg

IMG_3746_zpsxfdzl31n.jpg

IMG_3734_zps2ueiw23y.jpg

IMG_3748_zpsq9lxofvh.jpg

IMG_3744_zpsmnc0jwn2.jpg

IMG_3736_zps8z142ut3.jpg

If you're willing, that's certainly a good way to get a lower price.

Nice pics - she looks great.

Congrats and enjoy. . B)

Yep, I was for sure willing in this case! Ha! I mean, all my guitars are 'player's' guitars, and I look at them as tools, and tools are designed to be used, eight?! I have bought guitars that were in pristine condition and now they have noticeable wear on them, some have scratches, nicks, dings, etc. Nothing intentional or done on purpose mind you, just a result of playing and enjoying the instruments as they were intended. The repair is sound and super stable, the guitar sounds incredible and there isn't a mark or scratch n it anywhere, so I figured why not. I'm sure there are many GIbosns out here with broken necks that have been repaired. Heck, when I was in my early 20's and working as a runner in a recording studio I tripped over a cable and knocked over an SG on a stand and sheared the neck right off! It just comes with the territory with Gibsons.

it is part of the Gibson journey, no doubt..

But that's a great lookin J200, repair looks solid,, too bad they didn't take the final step and do something to improve cosmetics.

given they are running north of $4k new, and and probably in the +/- $3k used, sounds like you did ok cost wise.

it is part of the Gibson journey, no doubt..

But that's a great lookin J200, repair looks solid,, too bad they didn't take the final step and do something to improve cosmetics.

given they are running north of $4k new, and and probably in the +/- $3k used, sounds like you did ok cost wise.

Yeah, the repair could have been done a touch better cosmetically, but I've also seen MUCH worse neck repairs on Les Pauls and SG's where it looks horrible. For me it's just a cosmetic thing that 99.9% of the people who see me pay the guitar will never even know about, and makes for a good conversation starter when someone else plays it and notices it!

It is very nice, besides the (hidden) neck repair, it looks mint.

By the way, on the 2nd picture i see a line going down the neck close to the belt pin (neck/body junction), no crack there i hope ?

Looking forward to hear how it sounds like :) love the woods.

It is very nice, besides the (hidden) neck repair, it looks mint.

By the way, on the 2nd picture i see a line going down the neck close to the belt pin (neck/body junction), no crack there i hope ?

Looking forward to hear how it sounds like :) love the woods.

Thant not a crack. It's a reflection.

IMG_3775_zpsn7uoxscr.jpg

Archived