Gibson Brands Forums

Keith Emerson is gone

LPguitarman

Yes I do They were the first Rock Concert I saw. I have since seen them 14 times, met them etc..I have a Fragile album signed by Wakeman, Anderson,Howe, Squire and White (my favorite line-up).

Same lineup for me too, but I also like Bill Bruford. Could go either way. Any other lineups just didn't do it for me. They were my second concert. Didn't see them as many times as you, or meet them, but they are one of my favorites.

But we digress... it would have been great to see an Emerson/Wakeman jam.

1457778512[/url]' post='1750532']

I will never forget his awesome sound... His in your face synths were an amazing slap in the face to guitar based Rock world...!! When Lucky man came out I couldn't wait for the end of the song to hear that sound, the low end just penetraighted through me and the expression in the melody that followed would leave me spellbound every time... Still does!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89g1P_J40JA

Loved that song! I remember they played it on the radio a lot. Never got tired of it. Wish we could have seen them.

Yup!

Apparently, he's been suffering some never damage issues that have been impeding his keyboard playing... and the prognosis was that it would only get worse. He was depressed over this.

As much as I can understand how much of a blow this would be to someone who depends on his hands to do what he loves, he had had an amazing career, and could have found joy in this as well as other things in life. Very sad.

I'm not sure where he heard it, but last night the keyboard player in my band told me that a big reason for Keith's depression was all the horrible comments his so-called fans were making about him on the internet. THAT is truly sad, how some people can be so cruel.

That was from an article on Yahoo's home page announcing his death.

It went on to say that he was very worried about how well he'd be able to perform due to the medical problems.

I bought Pictures At An Exhibition when I was in junior high school and it wasn't until I read that article about his death that I realized that he was just a normal guy and he actually would be concerned about what people thought about him.

To my little teen-aged pea brain he just seemed so far above the crowd and I guess that impression never left.

Archived