Gibson Brands Forums

Saturday song

blindboygrunt

Would be better with a shiny guitar! [mellow]

I liked it, BBG, not as strangulated as the other guy, more ballady. Do you play things like that at your gig? What do they do?

You could stretch everything by capoing up a few, but keep thhe speed.

BluesKing777.

I'm getting to the stage where everything's a stretch BK .

I sometimes capo it at 5 , this is 3 ...:

I'll try it at 5 again and see how I feel. Can I ask what made you make that point ?

Yeah I do things like this at the gig , it's just a Wednesday night and a bit of fun so it's nice to throw in whatever comes . This particular songs is requested by a girl most nights she's there , so , ya know , give em what they want.

Most of my gig stuff is what I post on here ilk , miserable I know but that's me , and I have difficulty doing upbeat stuff on acoustic because I feel like a busker. Even though that's pretty much what I am !

Thanks for listening and giving your points

I'm getting to the stage where everything's a stretch BK .

I sometimes capo it at 5 , this is 3 ...:

I'll try it at 5 again and see how I feel. Can I ask what made you make that point ?

Yeah I do things like this at the gig , it's just a Wednesday night and a bit of fun so it's nice to throw in whatever comes . This particular songs is requested by a girl most nights she's there , so , ya know , give em what they want.

Most of my gig stuff is what I post on here ilk , miserable I know but that's me , and I have difficulty doing upbeat stuff on acoustic because I feel like a busker. Even though that's pretty much what I am !

Thanks for listening and giving your points

It was just a tad 'mid rangey' where the guitar and singing can blur together a bit.....sometimes capoing up a bit more can make the guitar brighter and leave you singing free and clear. Easier said than done, of course, guitar bits need to still be playable. I bet you the girlie at pub will swoon if you can kerp it in tune up higher! [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

It was just a tad 'mid rangey' where the guitar and singing can blur together a bit.....sometimes capoing up a bit more can make the guitar brighter and leave you singing free and clear. Easier said than done, of course, guitar bits need to still be playable. I bet you the girlie at pub will swoon if you can kerp it in tune up higher! [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

Cheers Bk. I'll be taking that on board.

Will rerecord and have a listen , thanks

Cheers Bk. I'll be taking that on board.

Will rerecord and have a listen , thanks

It was just an idea I had, don't take any notice of me if you don!t want.

But if it does work, remember to make a BIG note of capo position before gig, or the girlie smile will turn into the old 'just ate a lemon' look. [smile]

BluesKing777.

No Dan ,

Don't tell anyone but it's the Martin

Yep, the sustain sounded a bit more robust than your 45. I forget, is your Martin a D-35? I used to have an HD-35 and swapped out to a standard D-35. The HD was a bit too boomy in the bass register for most of the stuff I write, which is heavy on the low E,A and D strings - yours doesn't seem to have that deep booming rumble to it, so I'm thinking a standard ?

That was great.The voice register sounded a little lower than you sometimes do.Sounded good.Guitar was wonderful.Playing this subtle picking style at your live gigs would be very impressive to me.

You've got a couple of Bruce songs that I like your version better than the old feller himself. [thumbup]

Archived