Gibson Brands Forums

Ends up I'm a Gibson guy...who knew?

Rev Roy

A couple years ago when I retired I decided the first box I wanted to check on my bucket list was finally learning how to play guitar. Since then - as my playing style has evolved - I've cycled through various Martins, Taylors and Guilds. Then a few months ago I tried my first Gibson – a J-15. Wow! Loved the slope shoulder/ short scale. So much so that after a couple of months I traded it in for a J-45. Wow, again! The 45 is the finest guitar I've owned so far. Even my wife keeps commenting about how rich and beautiful the tone is.

That had me GASing bigtime for another Gibson. Today I pulled the trigger on a Songwriter Deluxe Studio. Wanted a Gibson but one that would differ from the 45...full scale, square shoulder, EIR b/s. So when I ship off my Taylor 814 to Music Villa tomorrow as the trade-in for the new Gibby I will have two guitars...both Gibsons.

And I couldn't be happier. [thumbup]

You like Gibsons? Another crazy person. Welcome to the asylum...........Enjoy those guitars.

That's funny! [rolleyes]

Gibson crazy eh?

Soon you will need a bit of extra room....like this chap:

Or worse if you give up guitar:

BluesKing777.

I have Songwriter deluxe studio and its great guitar! I personally like more the moustache bridge and parallelogram inlays and typical Gibson fretboard binding on Studio model than Standard. But still, standard is pretty too!

You cannot go wrong with the guitar! Put some pics on forum when you get it! :)

I have Songwriter deluxe studio and its great guitar! I personally like more the moustache bridge and parallelogram inlays and typical Gibson fretboard binding on Studio model than Standard. But still, standard is pretty too!

You cannot go wrong with the guitar! Put some pics on forum when you get it! :)

Yep. Should have a NGD post w/pic by late next week.

Archived