Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Dark

But I do want one that can sing in the dead of night.

The second was too passive for passion - Half a moon ^ , , , something to aim for. .

Step three ~ Pick%20guard%20raven4%20it-it-it-it.jpg

, , , last try this time around

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this. On a black Bird Raven it would look extra tasty.

Here's a less serious second go - the other had a very busy foliage and an echo of 'grim reaper' about it, which was too heavy. .

Step two ~Pick%20guard%20raven2%20it.jpg

Em7:

Either #2 (with the moon added) or #3 would be fine on my Blackbird/raven.

When will you begin shipping?

Coming up, , , the moon.

And you are right - we need it. The bird cannot sit that passive without a planet to mirror its thoughts.

(notice the lower position for direct eye-contact)

Step two w. Luna ~Pick%20guard%20raven2%20it%20w.%20moon.jpg

Have a feeling a mix between 2 and 3 could be worth trying. Will look into that over the weekend.

I can't believe the love for this guitar .

Case candy is 20 Marlboro reds , a half empty bottle of jack Daniels and a beard detailer

Sheesh guys , have a word with yourselves !

🤒

LOL, this is the best post I've read all day!

I can't believe the love for this guitar .

Case candy is 20 Marlboro reds , a half empty bottle of jack Daniels and a beard detailer

Sheesh guys , have a word with yourselves !

🤒

And your point is.....? [biggrin]

Well, I'm fully aware you good people aren't sitting on stems waiting for my final Raven/B-bird guard to appear.

But I said something a 4th coming up before the weekend was over and intend to hold my word. So here's the 2 and 3 mix, , ,

the moving flier beneath the fingernail moon ~

Pick%20guard%20raven2-3%20it%20w.%20moon.jpg

Well, I'm fully aware you good people aren't sitting on stems waiting for my final Raven/B-bird guard to appear.

But I said something a 4th coming up before the weekend was over and intend to hold my word. So here's the 2 and 3 mix, , ,

the moving flier beneath the fingernail moon ~

Pick%20guard%20raven2-3%20it%20w.%20moon.jpg

Another option would be a black bird silhouette on a light MoP moon, with the variations in the MoP simulating the irregular surface of the moon.

The pickguard could cost as much as the guitar.

Another option would be a black bird silhouette on a light MoP moon, with the variations in the MoP simulating the irregular surface of the moon.

The pickguard could cost as much as the guitar.

Spendid idea - with a bigger moon. Will you give it a shot this time. .

Okay, I'm easy to lure.

Don't think we can afford a bigger moon than this though. . .

Step full moon 5 ~ Pick%20guard%20%205%20-%20it.jpg

I like it. Maybe a bit too understated for some people, but I like it.

I agree, the first couple were pretty good. Now it's looking like the Batman signal. [crying] .......But, either way, Gibson is not going to do an original model guitar anything like this pick guard is inspired by. If they do anything, it will be one of the endless variants of the bird or J45. Didn't they make a Super Dove (or something like that a few years back?} Supposedly a Dove in a super jumbo body?

I agree, the first couple were pretty good. Now it's looking like the Batman signal.

Ha he, , , admire yours and EA's honesty MP. These are just improvised shots from the hip.

And no no no, let's not get a Gotham Gibson (imagine Batman & Robin incarnated into two J-200's).

Apart from that I actually have a serious motif made some years ago when I was wild enough to consider a custom made Firebird (and even talked to mister Morton about it).

Might find and bring that one up at some point, but not now - I think we have seen enough, he ha he, , , laughed the bold Riddler

Can design by committee work?

I had a small taste of it years ago - enough to not want to do anything like it at home.

Let us see what Em7 comes up with next!

That said, can we go back a step, make the bird big, moon big a little overlap so it doesn't look like a bird in a circle? [scared]

BluesKing777.

Those first couple of samples were sweet. Those and a dark and murky pick guard like on that Hummingbird. You've got quite a talent when it comes to that artwork. I'm doing good drawing stick figures. If Gibson came up with a dread-sized guitar with that kind of pickguard, I'd likely buy one...........Now, on that Batman design. You need to put a beam of light leading-up to the design. Remember that Felix the Cat that Martin did? Why not a Batman guitar? [thumbup]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived