Gibson Brands Forums

How do you organize your "sheet" music?

sbpark

old school here too..

Sheet protectors, and a word print out....

I really do try to not depend on charts too much, but it's helpful to have it there to glance at. Better that than a brain fart and no clue what's next!

getting old sucks,, cuz I used to have much better recall.. and that was when I smoked a lot of weed too.. go figger..

PS: The AGF is a bit stuffy now and then, but there are some excellent players lurking over there.

I have note books going back 45 or more years plus folders on my computer. I think I have note books for each period of my life and the music from that phase. But I teach music so I also have shelves of music ranging from very old pop to jazz to fiddle tunes to old country (really old country). Most of the new stuff is in that computer folder.

Definitely "Yes" on the OnSong app for an IPad. Makes it a breeze to find your material quickly. Also, if you're not sure of the convenience and ease-of-use of an IPad---It's worth the price (in my view) and it makes gigging easier for me. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to use it. I would advise getting a protective case for it if you're going to rest it on your music stand. There are special holders you can buy that attach to your mic stand or other music accessory stand. I wrapped a black bungee chord around my music stand, fold back the cover of my protective case and put it under the chord. The IPad won't fall off. Anyway, if you're thinking of perhaps putting all your songs on an IPad, it does make things easier.

No, its good fun taking the mickey out of them, stirr the pot up a bit and see their knickers get in a knot. Good fun.

Yep, I did that for a while until they banned me for life! Well, to be honest they banned me and I told them to just make it permanent.

Yep, I did that for a while until they banned me for life! Well, to be honest they banned me and I told them to just make it permanent.

Legend.

Did you upset the praise & worship Taylor lovers once too many times .... ? [flapper]

Legend.

Did you upset the praise & worship Taylor lovers once too many times .... ? [flapper]

Actually I really don't care what guitars people play, or what brands they prefer, etc. And trust me, I'm no great player, have played in bands here and there but nothing noteworthy and don't make my living off of playing music, but would call guys out and gently remind them the best way to improve their "tone" would be to actually send less time arguing about bridge pin material or if hitching tuners would change the tone of their precious, $10,000 exotic wood whatever it was. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions though and should spend their money whatever way they choose though, right?

I got banned because I put up a post for entertainment only (I disclosed this and said I make my own decisions but was just curious and though it would be entertaining to hear others justification and rationales) on of the 4 acoustics I had at the time, which they would part with and sell, and why. I gave a brief history of each guitar and it's condition. It clearly was NOT a post to try and get any of the guitars sold, plus I don't ship guitars anyway. Well, one of the uptight members got his knickers up in a bunch and derailed the thread and kept saying I was trying to sell my guitars through the thread, and I just let loose on him and got banned. Basically called him and a bunch of others out for being a bunch of uptight ******s who probably can't play worth a damn anyway. Got banned and emailed the mods and said do us both a favor and just ban me for life, and used the Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and "Cheeseburger in paradise" reference, which REALLY ticked them off!

I actually ended up selling the J200. Absolutely amazing guitar, but just felt like I could cover more ground with a J45 and a Martin dred (was a D-28, but that was sold and have an HD-28 now) instead of two Gibbons. I do miss the J200, but still have no regrets and variety is the spice of life.

Funny thing since I've already derailed this thread is I've found it very interesting that so many on here are more respectful of other brands of acoustics besides Gibsons compared to AGF. This people get so offended if you don't like the brands they do that they act like they own the company or something! I mean, I'm definitely a Gibson acoustic guy, but there are times when I reach for my Martins. I like them both. Don't like Taylors as far as sound or looks, and would never buy one, but can understand why people would like them and as long as you're playing who cares what brand it is? But yes, it was fun ruffling their feathers while it lasted, and as much as I would have liked to, I never specifically picked on the praise and worship guys and their Taylors specifically! Too easy of a target.

Actually I really don't care what guitars people play, or what brands they prefer, etc. And trust me, I'm no great player, have played in bands here and there but nothing noteworthy and don't make my living off of playing music, but would call guys out and gently remind them the best way to improve their "tone" would be to actually send less time arguing about bridge pin material or if hitching tuners would change the tone of their precious, $10,000 exotic wood whatever it was. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions though and should spend their money whatever way they choose though, right?

I got banned because...

Thanks. I got the ban stick in that thread because I said that "... some of these losers musta traded their sense of humor in on their 12 thousand dollar UnObtanium Collings and Hussdaltons or whatever...", something like that. They took that whole thread down eventually.

I do like the Hawaiian shirt and cheeseburger in paradise though, and if given the chance I will carry it on for you. I usually say something like "...well, there are people that actually leave the house with these things and use them for more than one more time through James Taylors greatest hits...". That'll pretty much have me banned for a week before I'm even done typing it.

rct

"Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and "Cheeseburger in paradise" reference"

can somebody please elaborate on that one ..... seriously... ?

Anyway, i learned over the last 7 years that there is art form how to stirr up the old boys on the AGF .....you just gotta find the sweet spot that is one degree less than enough to get you banned or removed, but still enough to stir up the old guard.

I must admit i do find it endless enjoyment to see what i can get away with, and over the years i got a few partners in crime that are happy to play along.

One thing I do appreciate about the Gibson forum is the whacky members here do have a sense of humour and most importantly understand dry humour and a bit of banter, which they really do seem to struggle with on the AGF.

At the end of the day its just a bit of sport.

"Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and "Cheeseburger in paradise" reference"

can somebody please elaborate on that one ..... seriously... ?

Anyway, i learned over the last 7 years that there is art form how to stirr up the old boys on the AGF .....you just gotta find the sweet spot that is one degree less than enough to get you banned or removed, but still enough to stir up the old guard.

I must admit i do find it endless enjoyment to see what i can get away with, and over the years i got a few partners in crime that are happy to play along.

One thing I do appreciate about the Gibson forum is the whacky members here do have a sense of humour and most importantly understand dry humour and a bit of banter, which they really do seem to struggle with on the AGF.

At the end of the day its just a bit of sport.

Yes, I find that the Gibson forums are made up of a lot of people that actually play. Not necessarily touring guys making a living, not quite that wound up, just folks that have been out of the house a time or three hundred carrying some form of guitar from one of the three companies. The Acoustic Saloon here puts up with knuckle draggers like me, so it has to be a fun place right?

AGF, they are busy giving a guy tips on what kind of guitar to buy that won't go all poopy sounding for his one week down the shore. Holy Crap. I can't count the beach bar gigs, Cheeseburger In Paradise* included, that I've done down the shore, and we never ever gave a thought to the humidity wrecking our guitars.

I guess though when you've got 9 thousand bucks tied up in a guitar you have to find something to talk about if you can't talk about the train wreck that was Yer Mom Don't Dance this weekend when we let that broad that used to work with other guitar player sing it. MAN that was tough.

rct

*A Jimmy Buffet song. A Hawaiian shirt, that song, seven beers, and a really nice Collings OMG-1 and yer a guitar player. To some.

Thanks. I got the ban stick in that thread because I said that "... some of these losers musta traded their sense of humor in on their 12 thousand dollar UnObtanium Collings and Hussdaltons or whatever...", something like that. They took that whole thread down eventually.

I do like the Hawaiian shirt and cheeseburger in paradise though, and if given the chance I will carry it on for you. I usually say something like "...well, there are people that actually leave the house with these things and use them for more than one more time through James Taylors greatest hits...". That'll pretty much have me banned for a week before I'm even done typing it.

rct

Love it!

Ummm, [clears throat], back here at OP's topic, about a year ago I switched from a 3 ring binder to a tablet. I am very pleased with the switch. My rig is a 12.2" Samsung tablet (the bigger size is well worth every single penny), mounted with a Manos holder on a Hercules mic stand, with an AirTurn foot pedal page turner, using the MobileSheets Pro app.

Archived