Gibson Brands Forums

Talk me off the ledge!

BirdMan81

Just remember these "words to live by": Guitars are like women. You can't have too many.

Those sound like words to go broke by.......and in the case of guitars that certainly applies. You may well be speaking tongue in cheek, but I heartily disagree when it comes to women. G'luck wit dat.

You can't go wrong with a J45 good luck , but think before you jump , yes that capo is on the 7th fret !! Or there abouts

Regarding your picture, Relic: is that an Hawaiian print shirt at a worship event in England?

If so, where and can I visit?

As to the J-45 Birdman: buy it. I can't afford it right now so once again I will live vicariously through you.

I wasn't sure I needed to post in this one, looks like there's plenty of "help"...

I can only add, I procrastinated for a long time over the purchase of a J200.... as I waited for the right moment, the price of the instrument increased significantly. The right moment never arrived. Then this spring, due to some fortunate circumstances, I found myself with some funds to spare.

I still was in angst a bit, finally after a final yea or nay discussion with my wife, who was behind the idea, I decided to see if I was able to work out a reasonable deal with the guys at Seetwater, which I felt that I had, and I pulled the trigger. I've had the J200 for four months now, and I still get a spark when I open the case, pull it out.. which I am sure that I do daily. After a setup, it's easily the best guitar I've ever or will ever own. No regrets.

My point is... If you really want a J45, and you have the $means$ to do it.. go for it...

At the end of the day, when it's all said and done, we only regret things we did not do.

OK - When all is said and done, you will not have to regret not buying that J-45, nor will you have to regret that - once the purchase is made - you didn't give it to me. This way, you can have TWICE the non-regrets and I can be a happier camper!

1468355524[/url]' post='1784068']

Regarding your picture, Relic: is that an Hawaiian print shirt at a worship event in England?

If so, where and can I visit?

As to the J-45 Birdman: buy it. I can't afford it right now so once again I will live vicariously through you.

Yes it is , thanks it's a great church . Once a year we celebrate the birthday of our church with an open air event . Next to me out of shot is my Uke playing friend hence the shirt .

UPDATE: NO DISPOSABLE CASH AS OF NOW AND I DONT WANT TO FINANCE A GUITAR SO I HAVE DECIDED TO TRY AND SELL A DIRTBIIKE I NEVER RIDE TO PAY FOR THE J45 VINTAGE. THE ADD IS UP ON CRAIGSLIST AND ONCE IT SELLS ILL POST PICS AND A REVIEW OF THE J45.

Those sound like words to go broke by.......and in the case of guitars that certainly applies. You may well be speaking tongue in cheek, but I heartily disagree when it comes to women. G'luck wit dat.

I agree that guitars are like women (my phrase is 'inherently female'), but multiple women sounds a lot less agreeable than multiple guitars!

UPDATE: NO DISPOSABLE CASH AS OF NOW AND I DONT WANT TO FINANCE A GUITAR SO I HAVE DECIDED TO TRY AND SELL A DIRTBIIKE I NEVER RIDE TO PAY FOR THE J45 VINTAGE. THE ADD IS UP ON CRAIGSLIST AND ONCE IT SELLS ILL POST PICS AND A REVIEW OF THE J45.

An admirable plan, sir!

My advice is to never buy a guitar while Gassing. Buy a guitar when you find a specific guitar that calls to you. One you really love the sound of. Never simply a name on a headstock or model number. If you find a fantastic J-45 that you want, and you can afford, buy it. Otherwise play what you have and certainly don't worry about a scratch or ding.

My advice is to never buy a guitar while Gassing. Buy a guitar when you find a specific guitar that calls to you. One you really love the sound of. Never simply a name on a headstock or model number. If you find a fantastic J-45 that you want, and you can afford, buy it. Otherwise play what you have and certainly don't worry about a scratch or ding.

Total agreement about when NOT to purchase a guitar and waiting for a specific one to call your name. I suspect that more than a few of us have learned about it the hard way. Worrying about scratches, dings, and other assorted mishaps is something I have to fight constantly, lest it gets taken to an unhealthy (approaching OCD) level. My lifelong quest has been searching for the ideal 'beater' guitar that I enjoy playing, but won't worry about damaging. No luck so far, but maybe someday....

Archived