Gibson Brands Forums

Blindbucmcgruntmaster song

blindboygrunt

Well Buck

The song doesn't work quite as well without the little fills etc

But you asked for it , warts n all

https://soundcloud.com/islandmageestu/honeybee

That was just beautiful. Buc should be well pleased with your interpretation.Your voice gives it a slightly sadder edge than his...but you always were a miserable geezer!...just jokin' .Terrific.

Wow, Stu...........a wonderful job, buddy! Quite a melancholy delivery that works very well with the lyric. Your voice breaks in just the right places, making a real sadness hang over the whole thing. Your fingerpicking style is very good here as well with your own fills that are great! It's really good to hear a different voice doing an interpretation of this tune.....you bring yourself into it. I am impressed, sir, very much so! Having become more intimate with the lyric and the song in general, how does it strike you now? New perspective?

Today is my birthday and I will count this among my gifts! Thank you very much! Good work, Blind Buc! [thumbup][thumbup]

Grunt. I pleasantly nod my head every time you post. Well done.

As an aside... I am cutting back my gigging stuff. I've done about three dozen gigs in the last 10 months. I just kind of got burnt out, and I want to devote some time to writing my own stuff. Several of you here have inspired me to try.

Truly, this is the best acoustic forum from my perch. Music, guitar specs, friendships, education... It's all here.

.......I want to devote some time to writing my own stuff.

I think that's a fine idea, Sal............pick up the pen and create something! Sorry to hear of your burnout but it happens to the best of us. I'll be waiting to hear your original efforts!

Thanks buc. And everyone else

Happy birthday to ya.

I enjoy the song more when you do it. And I ,struggled is too strong a word , with a few lyrics. I'm not sure why. It's not that I fdont think they're great. I do. It's maybe more McCartney than the Lennon that I would be more drawn to. Or relate to.

Not sure how to put it into words. ...

It was a bit of fun no doubt . And I'm real glad you thought it was ok

Really a good job on this. The playing and vocals are superb.....It's very interesting to hear different people interpret the same song. The same lyrics mean different, maybe even contrary things to us and it helps to set the mood for a song. I guess it's part of the "making a song your own" philosophy. Makes for good listening. [thumbup]

Archived