Gibson Brands Forums

Oriental maple or hemp ?

E-minor7

Wow. That's certainly a stunner. However, the sunburst does not go well visually with the koa........at least to my eye.......particularly noticeable in the clash between the neck and the back on that photo of the backside. I think it would have looked better with a natural finish on the top and neck. Still very nice.

I'm in agreement about the burst/koa clash going on there - mismatch according to my sense of aesthetics. Either is fine without the other. As to the foliage, it could be either of the above or horseweed, which resembles both.

I THINK it could be Japanese Maple foliage inlays?

But I don't want it, not even for 20 bucks.

I got pulled over on a lonely country road once and the nice cop went through everything, but thought my square 70s Telecaster case had some kind of rocket launcher or a sub machine gun instead of the natural 1973 Fender Telecaster Custom and he asked: 'What's a Rednef?' He had read the Fender logo back to front! So I had to open the case to show him the guitar and I said it was a Fender, and he got embarrassed at his foolery, and him and his fat mate got in the car and took off.

Phew! There was some illegal Japanese Maple in a bag under the guitar case..... :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

BluesKing777.

Archived