Gibson Brands Forums

Number 10,000

daveinspain

This is so exciting, like when I watched the speedometer of my brother's 64 Oldsmobile Delta 88 turn from 99,999.9 to 100,000 miles. There were six or seven of us in the car, we were riding around the Boston area watching the odometer. When it turned to 100,000 we pulled over to the side of the road, stopped the car, spray painted a big rectangular box on the roadside around the car and wrote 100,000 miles… We opened some Champagne bottles and were spraying it around and having a great time!! That's when the patrol car pulled up behind us. Sort of put a damper on the moment. We were all under age. My brother, who was driving was 18 years old, as were most of the rest of the crew. The policeman asked each one of us our names and age. I was the last one he ask. When I told him my name and I was 14 years old he almost fell over. I'll never forget that day… In the end he was pretty cool about the situation and could see we were just out having fun and enjoying the moment. We weren't drunk or drinking and driving. No ticket was issued. All he did was make us clean the paint of the roadway, took away the Champagne and sent us home. Those were the good old days.

So this is number 10,000… No Champagne or spray paint. Just a big thanks to all for putting up with me, Dave in Spain [thumbup]

Archived