Gibson Brands Forums

My first gibby. SG 61

callen3615

Well I dont like to discuss numbers but' date=' 1050.[/quote']

Nice score! :D

I saw that one and had it on my watch list. Looked like a perfect used buy, you did really well on it. He was a motivated seller and came down from $1,200. I sprung for a new one instead, despite my usual practice of going for clean used. There was a 100%'er guy with five of them listed "new unplayed w/case" at < $1,500. Still had one left last night. We'll see what we have when it arrives. I dislike having to break in new guitars & putting that first bloody nick in it, plus all that shiny nickle. A rubdown with fretboard oil and some crocus cloth on the frets and neck binding edges usually helps a bit in getting the "new" demon out.

callen, nice '61 RI bro!

used - but hey, it's got some character and what I (and many) like to call some mojo

my '98 SG Standard was used... couple scratches and dings, but well broken in, yet well taken care of... plays so nice, will probably keep for a long time... you might end up really liking and keeping the '61 O:)

and you got the good case... brown and pink... love those! major mojo...

Ok, show off, mine arrived yesterday afternoon. New, in the box, off eBay at a somewhat ridiculous price. I expected something funky would make it's presence known, but the darn guitars about perfect for a newie. Gonna hafta brush up on my early Slowhand licks now to break it in.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/sok66/08%2061%20SG%20Reissue/61SGReissueWebsize.jpg

Ed note: Don't you just HATE the feel of new fingerboards & frets?

Archived