Gibson Brands Forums

2016 J35 sunburst

scottnfld

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone knows if Gibson issued the standard J35 in a sunburst finish? I popped in to a local L&M yesterday and played one yesterday that sounded absolutely fantastic. Immediately I was thinking it was a collectors edition but the top definitely didn't have the adi wide grain and it was also sporting the white button tuners. Has anyone else seen or played one of these? Price tag $2250

I tried one over at Reid Music in St. John's last week when I was in town, beautiful sound and looked great too. According to Curtis it was a mistake at the plant and only a few were shot like that, I'm almost certain he said two. Either way they should have the J35 available in that burst all of the time, it looks beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

I for one would not mind adding one to my herd! But is has to be a certain type of shade and tint and away from the very so called recognizable J45.

More of a darker 2 tone burst depending on the mass produced burst finish the J45 is sporting for the longest time around.

Peace!

Trans

Archived