Gibson Brands Forums

WOOOOOOO! NEW VOS LP!!!!!!!!!!

stevezapp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the feeling. I bought a 2008 standard USA Fender Stratocaster (olympic white with maple fret board) on friday, and it wont be in until this weekend. The anticipation is killing me!!! I also just got my camera back, and will post pix of my recently aquired 2007 LP Blonde Beauty. Would I be flogged and crucified if I snuck in a few pix of the new strat?

Anyway, congrats. The finish sounds beautiful. Hopefully by a "good deal" you dont mean that you paid a Chinese guy $200 with shipping. =;

Congrats' date='

Where did you get her from?

Flight959

[/quote']

Got her from the bay - but looking at feedback and the guitars this guy has sold, it looks legit.

Congratulations! Is it too good a deal? (really?)

Hope you post some pics soon!

Good price - but not that good (near the £2k mark), but looking in the UK for these things, the price is closer to £3.5k, so i'm extremely pleased.

There's always buyer protection on Paypal if it turns out to be dodgy.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed until she arrives tho =;

I know the feeling. I bought a 2008 standard USA Fender Stratocaster (olympic white with maple fret board) on friday' date=' and it wont be in until this weekend. The anticipation is killing me!!! I also just got my camera back, and will post pix of my recently aquired 2007 LP Blonde Beauty. Would I be flogged and crucified if I snuck in a few pix of the new strat?

Anyway, congrats. The finish sounds beautiful. Hopefully by a "good deal" you dont mean that you paid a Chinese guy $200 with shipping. =D> [/quote']

The only thing Chinese I enjoy is the food (and maybe Lucy Liu) ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics - but to save yourself from said crucifiction, i'd post them in the Lounge.

Hopefully in the next week or two we'll both be rocking out with our new toys!

Just pinched these from the listing:

Nice looking Guitar. Congrats etc.

Just a couple of small points;

1) It's Faded Iced-Tea, not lemonburst.

2) If the knobs are original it's either a '58 or a '59.

Good luck.

Just pinched these from the listing:

1) It's Faded Iced-Tea, not lemonburst.

Good luck.

1) It's Faded Iced-Tea' date=' not lemonburst.

Good luck.[/quote']

You might be right about the colour...

I've just looked into it a little and some of the '60s VOS I found have the shiny top knobs, but some have the same as mine (http://www.dv247.com/invt/42091/).

Thoughts?

Great looking guitar man, congratulations!!! Hope to see more pics of her soon...:-k

I know the feeling. I bought a 2008 standard USA Fender Stratocaster (olympic white with maple fret board) on friday' date=' and it wont be in until this weekend. The anticipation is killing me!!! [/quote']

Man... dont get me started... I ordered the red tlecaster in my sig a month ago... they said 2 months wait (which is kind of normal around here) and I have one month left of waiting and just looking at pics on the net... it's killing me!:)

You might be right about the colour...

I've just looked into it a little and some of the '60s VOS I found have the shiny top knobs' date=' but some have the same as mine (http://www.dv247.com/invt/42091/).

Thoughts?[/quote']

First thought is I believe the majority of Gibson plaintops to be the '58. Check out the '58 advertised to the right of the page in your dv247 link.

All '60 re-issues I've seen have mirror top knobs. This tallies with the official Gibson spec. I don't think the dv247 shot is of a '60 but I could be wrong!

Could you ask the seller to show some shots of the serial number and details from the COA?

Again, Good luck.

First thought is I believe the majority of Gibson plaintops to be the '58. Check out the '58 advertised to the right of the page in your dv247 link.

All '60 re-issues I've seen have mirror top knobs. This tallies with the official Gibson spec. I don't think the dv247 shot is of a '60 but I could be wrong!

Could you ask the seller to show some shots of the serial number and details from the COA?

Again' date=' Good luck.[/quote']

It's being shipped to me today, so I doubt I'll be able to get any more pics.

Based on the photos, the research (albeit only a little) and the amount of high end guitars this guy has sold with out complaint, I took a gamble and paid the cash.

I have 45 days (if I remember correctly) to file a dispute with Paypal if there was misrepresentation on his behalf, so worst come to worst, i'm covered.

I'm sure with all that you've said about the buyer you'll be OK.

Yes, the neck is a bit of a giveaway, but the serial number is the clincher. It should read something like '0 8XXX' or '0 9XXX' depending on whether it was a 2008 or 2009 instrument.

My '60 in the avatar is '0 5449' - 1960 re-issue, 449th of 1995.

I'm sure with all that you've said about the buyer you'll be OK.

Yes' date=' the neck is a bit of a giveaway, but the serial number is the clincher. It should read something like '0 8XXX' or '0 9XXX' depending on whether it was a 2008 or 2009 instrument.

My '60 in the avatar is '0 5449' - 1960 re-issue, 449th of 1995.[/quote']

Yeah fingers crossed.

Thanks for the advice anyhow - i'll let you know how it turns out.

Where in the UK are you.... You could always pop round with it...I could bash you over the head...and run away with it!

Seriously you did well there.... Let me know how you get on with customs etc etc... I have been tempted to get a guitar from the US for a while...

Did you see the killer top on this one?

7d76_1.jpg

Flight959

Where in the UK are you.... You could always pop round with it...I could bash you over the head...and run away with it!

Seriously you did well there.... Let me know how you get on with customs etc etc... I have been tempted to get a guitar from the US for a while...

Did you see the killer top on this one?

7d76_1.jpg

Flight959

Hehe!

I'm in Bournemouth, you?

I didn't see that listing - that's quite a top tho.

Have you bought any guitars from the States before? I got my first run Robot from a guy in the States and the seller marked the value down of the shipping forms so I wouldn't get charged as much. If I recall, the value was £1100 and I had to pay £204 duty (off the top of my head).

Archived