Gibson Brands Forums

I Love This Ad!

Digger

Budweiser makes, IMHO, lousy beer but great commercials for the Super Bowl (YouTube is your friend). More often than not they involve a dog and Clydesdales, although this year is a bit different.

Oh yeah, Go Falcons!!

Budweiser makes, IMHO, lousy beer but great commercials for the Super Bowl (YouTube is your friend). More often than not they involve a dog and Clydesdales, although this year is a bit different.

Oh yeah, Go Falcons!!

I drank some Bud in Vietnam and wasn't impressed at all.

Oh yeah, Go Falcons!!

I agree Dennis, I have never been a bud man. I always leaned to Miller and now a lot more of the kraft's and imports. Also Go Falcons

1486255451[/url]' post='1832937']

What is a good "Down under" beer Digger?

Is there such a thing as good beer? First beer I ever tasted out of high school was a warm Schlitz beer an thought I must be drinking someone's urine and spit it out. Never touched beer again. And that's a Fact! ( and I poped the tab to open it too.)

I know you have some great ales in England no question, I have had a few but never any from Australia. The only thing I have ever had that even has the name of Australia on it is Fosters but to my understanding that is a pretend from Australia not very popular there and now Fosters I see here is brewed here in the USA.

When I was in Australia in 2008, I remember several of the locals mocking the "Fosters: Australian for Beer" commercial by changing it to "Fosters: Australian for piss." 😀 For mass produced beer, they suggested Victoria Bitters, which Qaantas served along with Fosters on their flight. VB was much better. My AFP counterparts took me around Sydney to several pubs to sample several local brews. All very good. Unfortunately I can't recall the names of any of them.

I tried Bud, Hamms, Schlitz (?) i Vietnam and it all tasted watery to me.

Victoria Bitter is the most popular beer in my state, and yes Fosters is mainly for the export market. We're not gonna send you our best beer are we now?

I can't remember much about Pommie beer other than it was served warm....yuk!

The water used in manufacturing has a big influence on the final product, and Victoria has very good water. However there are plenty of other good beers here.

This is the real deal though guys!

vb_bottle.jpg

I can't remember much about Pommie beer other than it was served warm....yuk!

Not these days - think you visited us 54 yrs ago? :-k

VB is ok - there are some good Oz bottled beers - I like Cooper's.

1486288408[/url]' post='1832993']

Come to England and I will show you.

Good beer (people call it real ale over here) doesn't come in cans.

I think the first one I had tasted so bad because it was my best friends dads beer out of the box and warm. They were gone and we were just out of high school. Many years later in my mid 20's I did however try a Coors cold beer and it was actually much better. But at that time I got more into alcoholic drinks and experimenting with different flavors. Wild Turkey was the strongest one I drank but just did shots. Loved Southern Comfort and couldn't handle Vodka for some reason. I would however love to go to England if I ever could. Hawaii is the furthest I've ever been across the ocean.By the way....that puppy is adorable.

Not these days - think you visited us 54 yrs ago? :-k

VB is ok - there are some good Oz bottled beers - I like Cooper's.

OK thats good to hear. I think I used to drink bitter when I was there. Had one encounter with "scrumpy" and it wiped me out for a couple of hours.

Coopers is nice and in fact since I gave up alcohol about a year ago, I've been having a stubbie of their ultra low alcohol beer (sold on the same shelf as the mixers) I really was missing a beer on these hot night having a BBQ.

I was in the UK in 1962/63.

Archived