Gibson Brands Forums

Headstock

Slogold

Allegedly a 77 Custom Headstock.

Anything wrong with it?

77Custom.jpg

I haven't seen a 77 or a 70's Custom but looking at this compare to

my custom it looks like the TRC is too close to the logo.

Is this how it's made back then?

Still waiting for more pics from seller.

Looks good... you have to remember the 70 gibson was owned by no other than Norlin... that was owned (most of it) by Cervezas Nacionales del Ecuador... so, you cannot expect consistency (just so that you know the kind of people involved, none of our last 10 presidents have completed their 4 year presidencial periods.. ).

I dont think they are bad... but during the norlin era (a period of time when gibson was bought by norlin) they started releasing all kind of weird body shapes, experimenting with materials, and changing specs every now and then... so there is no consistency... you can have two guitars of the same model and price, made the same day, and both look completely different... not that they are bad.

Sounds like a drug lord name..... sorry it does no offense intended

=P~

Tranlation: Ecuadorian National Beer... That company is now just "cerveceria nacional" which translates to "national brewery" or something like that. They are a huge multinational conglomerate... I've heard they are amongst the biggest beer brewing companies of the world... of course, this being times of multinationals and conglomerates, they own telecomunications companies, sports teams and who knows what more...

Archived