Gibson Brands Forums

Read this, it could affect you some day...

daveinspain

it's hard for me to have sympathy for guys who live in mansions and drive ferraris when they say they're not making money. people tell me i make good money, and yet i'm broke all the time.

I get that, but if you work hard to create something that becomes very successful you should be paid according to the agreement.

Shearer doesn't say what their original agreement was for compensation, but surely the movie remains very popular today and has been aired in syndication endlessly. Surely he is owed more than $200 over the last 30 years.

I get that, but if you work hard to create something that becomes very successful you should be paid according to the agreement.

Shearer doesn't say what their original agreement was for compensation, but surely the movie remains very popular today and has been aired in syndication endlessly. Surely he is owed more than $200 over the last 30 years.

If they paid attention while getting that Theater Arts Degree, they would have noted in accounting class(es) that accounting is just legal thuggery that corporate citizens are free to participate in while private citizens are not. One team has accountants, lawyers, budget and management analysts, while the other team has 4 guys that think they are just the coolest.

Always get on your team what is on the other team. If they had done that we wouldn't be having this conversation. And yes, back then we knew this too, it isn't a new concept.

rct

Yeah I feel the same...

They have made millions from it... While I do agree that the record/film companies are pretty awful. That's why they are in business to make money.. It happened to everyone.. Even The Beatles...

So if the company fulfilled their contact im not really sure what he thinks is going to happen?

It is kind of a sad shame that the creators don't get as much as they should, but then I guess you could always try to go independent, but then see how far you actually get compared to working with a big company who have teams of marketing and PR people behind them..

Donno.. I do understand what hes saying but no one is forced to sign a contract.. And if you do you are signing those rights away.

Archived