Gibson Brands Forums

Uh ohh.....

vourot

vourot-you're screwed, just go buy it now.

ajsc-"thanks" a lot, you've just rekindled my AJ GAS! I've always thought Sj-200 maple, J-45 'hog, and AJ rosewood. Two out of three isn't bad, but I NEED the AJ and SOON! A-r-r-r-g-h!!!

Cunk-you need to go get you one of those "magical" Gibbys and take it home with you. You need to get Gibson back in your signature!! I know you want one, go for it, eh?

vourot-you're screwed' date=' just go buy it now.

ajsc-"thanks" a lot, you've just rekindled my AJ GAS! I've always thought Sj-200 maple, J-45 'hog, and AJ rosewood. Two out of three isn't bad, but I NEED the AJ and SOON! A-r-r-r-g-h!!!

Cunk-you need to go get you one of those "magical" Gibbys and take it home with you. You need to get Gibson back in your signature!! I know you want one, go for it, eh?[/size']

GC here in Phoenix, Has an AJ, on clearance $1495. Played it the other day. Incredible!!

=P~

GC here in Phoenix' date=' Has an AJ, on clearance $1495. Played it the other day. Incredible!!

[-X [/quote']

You guys are so lucky to have GC's down there. I know everyone complains about them but it sounds like they have great sales from time to time and they do financing. Visiting a GC is on my 'bucket list'. We have Long & McQuade. The guitars are usually in pristine condition (except for the strings) and they never seem to get marked down. Cunk, have you had this same experience with your L&McQ? I do love L&McQ but we don't get the bargains the GC offers. I'm pretty sure I'd have an AJ by now if they did!

You guys are so lucky to have GC's down there. I know everyone complains about them but it sounds like they have great sales from time to time and they do financing. Visiting a GC is on my 'bucket list'. We have Long & McQuade. The guitars are usually in pristine condition (except for the strings) and they never seem to get marked down. Cunk' date=' have you had this same experience with your L&McQ? I do love L&McQ but we don't get the bargains the GC offers. I'm pretty sure I'd have an AJ by now if they did![/quote']

the selection gets a little thin here in windsor but the bloor st store is like disneyworld. you are right on about the "tetanous-inducing" possibilities of the strings (they never change em) and they are never on sale.

TW- i'm on the darkside right now - playing loud and proud like a guy in a mid-life crisis should! i'm still looking for a nice high-end acoustic but it got so frustrating i had to walk away for a bit. here i am rockin' out recently like a toy-r-us kid.

sessions08.jpg

Cunk - That's OK my friend, nothing wrong with a mid-life crisis now and then. Hell, I've had 5 or 6 of 'em. Someday you'll want to drive out in the country or up in the mountains and you'll just be tired of dragging your amp, speakers, mic, and generator and just go buy a nice AJ or J-45 or SJ-200 or Kris Kristoferssen SJ or J-185 'burst or J-100 or J-150 or......................................................Ha!! PS- I'm still getting good mileage out of your joke.." Because I'm trying to conduct an examination here!"

The last time I was in the local GC acoustic room, the guitars were in rough condition. Actions were high enough to be cheese graters, dead strings, etc. Most of the Gibson acoustics that were discounted had what looked like customer damage from overly aggressive strumming. If I was to buy one, I'd make sure that the store manager signed off on a fair return.

The last time I was in the local GC acoustic room' date=' the guitars were in rough condition. Actions were high enough to be cheese graters, dead strings, etc. Most of the Gibson acoustics that were discounted had what looked like customer damage from overly aggressive strumming. If I was to buy one, I'd make sure that the store manager signed off on a fair return.[/quote']

Sometimes I'll spend 2hr, checking out their stock, sometimes I'm out of there in less than 5min.

However, the AJ was very nice, new strings, & all!

I believe they have a 30 day return policy.

Don't think I ever bought a "new" guitar, anywhere that I didn't adjust the action.

I did, recently buy a J-45 historic (used) that was set up perfectly. I removed the electrics, & installed a bone saddle,

& bone bridge & end pins.

Now it's"more" perfect!!

I played a J-45 TV today.That was a mistake. It sounded sooooooooooo gooooooood. I need to learn to stay out of guitar stores.

I had a similar experience with a J-45 TV recently. This one was shipped to my house on a trial period in order to demo it.

It wasn't shipped back.

All the best,

Guth

The J-45 TV I played was 3200 hundred bucks approx. Don't think I'll ever buy a new guitar again. Oh yeah, they had an AJ in there just like mine and they wanted 2600 for it. I bought mine for 1599. It was a 0% finance day but I wasn't dumb enough to anything. Besides, they had a natural burst SG Standard in there that I really like, used too! Hopefully sometime this year....

Archived